What would you like to do that you have ever done?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita":1s4etolp said:
Back to the original question, one thing I'd like to be able to do, that I've never done................. before my body retires, is to give my wife the pleasure of finishing first. I realize this post may be inappropriate for some audiences, but fact is, I usually have to finish 2 or 3 times before I get the 'job done'. I'm getting so old that I'd rather just get it over with and hit the hay.
Apologies in advance for y'all sensitive and/or politically correct type folk.

Lol

dun":34v8rl9c said:
Dave":34v8rl9c said:
Bigfoot":34v8rl9c said:
The other was I believe called Alone in the Wilderness. Most have probably seen it, a guy retires and builds a cabin by hand up in Alaska. He lives there off the land for several years.

Been there sort of done that. I didn't exactly live off the land (and in reality neither did he) but I ran a trap line in remote Alaska one winter where the nearest person was about 40-50 miles away. Lived in a little old trapper's cabin and ate food that was either packed in on my back or shot by me. I can tell you it isn't as glamorous as it appears in the movie.
One of the advantages of being one of those guys who Robert Service was referring to in his poem, "A Race of Men That Don't Fit In". I roamed the world at will through my 20's and 30's. I didn't get married until I was almost 40 years old so there was nothing preventing me from doing anything that I wanted to do.
The one thing which I can think of that I always was going to do is hike the Chicot Trail following the route of the Alaskan gold rush. I probably should have done that 15-20 years ago as it might be a bit too much for me now.
I think standing at the bottom and looking up at the pass would be more than adequate for me.

That is one of the issues. It is a three day hike just to get to the bottom of the pass. And day 4 is something like 17 miles with the pass in the middle of the day.

Rafter S":ayewe252 said:
This is probably going to sound silly to some of you, but I'm 55 years old and have never seen mountains. I hope to correct that in the next year or two.

I had a friend call me two years ago, was coming out to ID from Maine. Said all he wanted was to see a mountain taller than the tallest mountain in Maine and the Rockies. I told him that all he had to do was fly in and drive to my house. Blew his mind. But, as I found out last year, I don't even have it that good. I took a day trip up through the mountains here and the sights of 150+foot trees on mountain faces with beautiful streams and rivers running along the road. You ever come up here, you're mind will be blown.

I've always wanted to drive a racecar, anything but a dragster (I think I'd pee myself with the acceleration that the good cars have). It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just want to drive the he// out of a powerful car.

Bestoutwest":2r05kave said:
Rafter S":2r05kave said:
This is probably going to sound silly to some of you, but I'm 55 years old and have never seen mountains. I hope to correct that in the next year or two.

I had a friend call me two years ago, was coming out to ID from Maine. Said all he wanted was to see a mountain taller than the tallest mountain in Maine and the Rockies. I told him that all he had to do was fly in and drive to my house. Blew his mind. But, as I found out last year, I don't even have it that good. I took a day trip up through the mountains here and the sights of 150+foot trees on mountain faces with beautiful streams and rivers running along the road. You ever come up here, you're mind will be blown.

I see the tallest mountain in the lower 48 nearly everyday when it is clear. Stand in the right place in my pasture and you can see it although it isn't a very good view from there. Grandpa and his friends cut all the real big trees around close but an hour and a half drive and I can show you trees that are 8 to 10 foot on the stump and well over 200 feet tall. Western Washington and Oregon are absolutely beautiful in the summer.

Dave":58fesdyk said:
Bestoutwest":58fesdyk said:
Rafter S":58fesdyk said:

I see the tallest mountain in the lower 48 nearly everyday when it is clear. Stand in the right place in my pasture and you can see it although it isn't a very good view from there. Grandpa and his friends cut all the real big trees around close but an hour and a half drive and I can show you trees that are 8 to 10 foot on the stump and well over 200 feet tall. Western Washington and Oregon are absolutely beautiful in the summer.

You can Mount Whitney from Washington State? I know you can see Mount Rainier.

True Grit Farms":2vh7emps said:
Dave":2vh7emps said:
Bestoutwest":2vh7emps said:

I was wondering about that. Must have a lot clearer weather now than when I was a kid growing up in seattle. I know that when we lived in the Mojave desert I could see whitney but I couldn;t see any of the mountains in oregon or washington.

dun":w01irzf0 said:
True Grit Farms":w01irzf0 said:
Dave":w01irzf0 said:

I was wondering about that. Must have a lot clearer weather now than when I was a kid growing up in seattle. I know that when we lived in the Mojave desert I could see whitney but I couldn;t see any of the mountains in oregon or washington.
Hmmm who knew? Way back nearly 60 years ago in grade school I was taught that Rainier was the tallest mountain in the lower 48. I wonder what else they taught me that was wrong. Oh well, not the first time I have ever been wrong.

Dave":37mpkrom said:
dun":37mpkrom said:
True Grit Farms":37mpkrom said:
Hmmm who knew? Way back nearly 60 years ago in grade school I was taught that Rainier was the tallest mountain in the lower 48. I wonder what else they taught me that was wrong. Oh well, not the first time I have ever been wrong.

Oh well, you still look at the most beautiful place in the country that I've visited.

Rainier is close, 14,411, Hood 11,240, Baker 10,781, Whitney 14,495

Latest posts