what would you do

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter":j0wsou65 said:
Heres another idea BB.... The bull you got aint worth squat, yall pool your money and buy you a heckav bull... maybe a Casey of Lasater.. you can all three use him and collect him..... If your gonna raise seedstock cattle that are gonna be worth a hoot you are gonna have to get some good proven bloodlines in there....not some of this your buddys is doing you a favor bull...

Sorry if I am coming down kinda ruff on you, but, this idea you have that you can raise seedstock with poor quality commercial bulls just aint gonna cut it. If I as a commercial bull buyer saw the bull that you have for your current sire....Im afraid I might bite my lip off , to keep from laughing.
Now if you dont trust these fellas forget this idea, and do it alone.

No comment huh! Why am I not surprised. :banana:

Workinonit Farm":3ng9fid0 said:
TexasBred":3ng9fid0 said:
CROWN PRINCE 920 1/2

(**Cavalier x HF Misty 1/3)

Crown Prince classified 1/2 as a 4 year old, a feat many young bulls don't attain.

What does this mean?

Katherine
Beefmaster Breeders United's field grade classification standards for lines, appearance, conformation etc etc. It means this bull was judged by BBU in the field as having a 1 or 2 in all and every aspect which they deem important to breed charateristics. The 2nd number is underline score. For whatever that is worth.
http://www.beefmasters.org/pdf/otherfor ... elines.pdf
http://www.beefmasters.org/pdf/Beefmast ... llence.pdf
All Wild Oaks Farms Bulls have been classified by the Beefmaster Breeder's Association field representative and are classified as 1, (highest conformation rating) with a 1 to a 3, underline score. The majority of the WO Bulls are classified 1/2. They show extreme length, depth of muscle and are structurally correct with substantial bone. We are extremely particular about only using bulls with a smooth, clean front. Beefmaster bulls are typically classified as 2 year olds, but the appearance of their underline will change with age, use and heat conditions. Our Sr. Herd Sire, Crown Prince 920, a Cavalier son, received a 1/2 classification as a 4 YEAR OLD! He is extremely clean sheathed, and is passing that trait on to his sons.

houstoncutter":2jm881db said:
houstoncutter":2jm881db said:
Heres another idea BB.... The bull you got aint worth squat, yall pool your money and buy you a heckav bull... maybe a Casey of Lasater.. you can all three use him and collect him..... If your gonna raise seedstock cattle that are gonna be worth a hoot you are gonna have to get some good proven bloodlines in there....not some of this your buddys is doing you a favor bull...

Sorry if I am coming down kinda ruff on you, but, this idea you have that you can raise seedstock with poor quality commercial bulls just aint gonna cut it. If I as a commercial bull buyer saw the bull that you have for your current sire....Im afraid I might bite my lip off , to keep from laughing.
Now if you dont trust these fellas forget this idea, and do it alone.

your comments dont offend me as ive already seen what my old herd bull did.an i know that most of you here dont like my choices for bulls an thats ok.because its what their calves do when they hit the ground thats all that matters.

No comment huh! Why am I not surprised. :banana:

it means when they classafied or scored him he was at the very top of the scoring system.