What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a similar experience with a toll road in Dallas. Got a bill for a whole couple of bucks, paid it, then got a bill for one dollar for processing. Pretty disgusting.

It begs the question about what measures they are taking to collect from people who actually owe money. Come to my house and break a couple of my legs? Reminds me of an episode of The Sopranos.

We just got a certified latter from the IRS threatening to put a lein on some of our property. WTH?
They said our corperation owes over $1000.00 This is the first letter we got from them. Taking it and a copy of our bank statement showing that the tax was paid to our tax accountant.
Been having trouble with them this year. Had previous letters stating that we hadn't filed all of the paperwork, but had proof that we did. We send everything that goes through the mail certified.

I luv herfrds":25a04iuu said:
We just got a certified latter from the IRS threatening to put a lein on some of our property. WTH?
They said our corperation owes over $1000.00 This is the first letter we got from them. Taking it and a copy of our bank statement showing that the tax was paid to our tax accountant.
Been having trouble with them this year. Had previous letters stating that we hadn't filed all of the paperwork, but had proof that we did. We send everything that goes through the mail certified.

I got one of those before. Pretty scary isn't it? Turned out its a form letter but it was triggered by my X accountant filling out the wrong form. It took several months for ME to get the thing corrected plus I had to pay some penalties and interest. Its a shame you can't just meet with an individual face to face and fix something like this.

I wire my taxes to the IRS. Our state is now encouraging us to do this as well. I'm scared to trust them with this ability since they recently triple debitted taxpayer's bank accounts a couple of months ago. Heck, they just mailed me the payroll forms I have to fill out on the employees yesterday. I was supposed to have had these in my hand 3 months ago. I guess that will be my fault too and I'll have to pay a fine for this as well. Dang, don't you just hate being a deadbeat?

Latest posts