what would you do

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7":2efvrqrn said:
if the dollar collapsed ?
could you survive ?

Yes. And the more time between now and the total collapse of the dollar, the more time there is to prepare for it. I not only plan to survive, but thrive.

Times are changing.

I think your survivel depends on

1 location.. ie farm is better than city

2 your debt.. if you owe nothing you are probly going to be better off

3 your readiness....guns,ammo,seeds for garden,food stores,gold /silver reserve

I believe That I am far better off than most Americans, mostly debt free, well supplied, and good reserve...My New Year resolution in 1990 was to become self dependent...I am real close...Land can break you..but it is also the best resource you can have.....

TexasBred":2gysxn2s said:
Al whatcha gonna do with all that gold an silver when nobody will take it?

I will sell a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a chunk of gold.

what about fuel since we no longer be able to import oil (maybe @1000/brl)
how bout electricity ?
do you have a source for water?
can you pump it without electricity ?
how are you going to keep food/meat from spoiling ?
how are you going to pay your inflated taxes ?

cross_7":1grkw06e said:
what about fuel since we no longer be able to import oil (maybe @1000/brl)
how bout electricity ?
do you have a source for water?
can you pump it without electricity ?
how are you going to keep food/meat from spoiling ?
how are you going to pay your inflated taxes ?

Canola can be produced for biodiesal
Solar panels
Well
Solar panels again
Underground storage by the creek
Sell Canola

Boy ya'll are a hard bunch

guns and ammo to defend people and animals
seeds to grow garden
food stores untill garden makes
gold and silver to pay taxes...

In tennessee we have/I have lots of trees there is my energy source, at least heat
electricity would not want to but can live with out
H2O running rockbottom creek and well can aways lift water by hand...
food storage, I am a southern, I can, can in jars using wood stove, and salt meat like my father and grandfather before me..I have not forgot how to live before running water and air-condition
Taxes may be high, but having a real reserve of gold or silver, I have to believe I will be better off than the people that do not...

The canned fruits and vegetables may be more valuable for barter. The silver and gold will be like a hot potato...nobody will want to get caught with it and you sure can't eat it. Paying the taxes would be the least of my worries.

TexasBred":1zqswtng said:
The canned fruits and vegetables may be more valuable for barter. The silver and gold will be like a hot potato...nobody will want to get caught with it and you sure can't eat it. Paying the taxes would be the least of my worries.

Don't forget, the government can always confiscate all the gold like they did in the 1930s.

TexasBred":8aeqrr7a said:

if you don't pay your taxes
your land will be seized and you will be kicked off.

cross_7":3g827kdo said:
TexasBred":3g827kdo said:

Wonder what the gov't will do with all that land with nobody living on it. They'll probably have millions more acres and hundreds of thousands of empty houses. This sounds like "Thunderdome". :lol2:

TexasBred":bg6b17zl said:
cross_7":bg6b17zl said:
TexasBred":bg6b17zl said:

Wonder what the gov't will do with all that land with nobody living on it. They'll probably have millions more acres and hundreds of thousands of empty houses. This sounds like "Thunderdome". :lol2:

government control
isn't that the goal ?

They will do the same as in the 30's,they will sell it by auction at the courthouse steps...The buyers will be like last time, judges, lawyers and other goverment employes that still have jobs and income... who can pay the taxes, and you will be homeless...

The goverment can not take away what they do not know you have, I will not be as dumb as my releatives who turn in their gold for paper, because they were good americans...I personally do not have much gold, I like silver better, not bullion but coinage bought as bullion..

I was at the gun shop yesterday, ammo is about as high as gold...and harder to get....

alftn":3p93ujc9 said:
Boy ya'll are a hard bunch

guns and ammo to defend people and animals
seeds to grow garden
food stores untill garden makes
gold and silver to pay taxes...

In tennessee we have/I have lots of trees there is my energy source, at least heat
electricity would not want to but can live with out
H2O running rockbottom creek and well can aways lift water by hand...
food storage, I am a southern, I can, can in jars using wood stove, and salt meat like my father and grandfather before me..I have not forgot how to live before running water and air-condition
Taxes may be high, but having a real reserve of gold or silver, I have to believe I will be better off than the people that do not...

you will be a considered a rogue( a dishonest or worthless person)
living off the land, growing your own food and NOT being a "part of the system" will not be allowed.
food supplies will be controlled by the government.
you will comply or you will be imprisoned and work on a farm to feed the population.

alftn":2xfija7c said:
I think your survivel depends on

1 location.. ie farm is better than city

2 your debt.. if you owe nothing you are probly going to be better off

3 your readiness....guns,ammo,seeds for garden,food stores,gold /silver reserve

I believe That I am far better off than most Americans, mostly debt free, well supplied, and good reserve...My New Year resolution in 1990 was to become self dependent...I am real close...Land can break you..but it is also the best resource you can have.....
What about medicines that you or family may need. Many people have to have drugs to survive.
I hate to think about dental work without anesthetic.

Ryder":16nhj1sa said:
quote]
What about medicines that you or family may need. Many people have to have drugs to survive.

You worry too much!! Heath insurance is on the way, just be a patient patient!

jw":2rce0wci said:
Ryder":2rce0wci said:
quote]

You worry too much!! Heath insurance is on the way, just be a patient patient!

We may have a 50% unemployment rate but we will all have health insurance.

Latest posts