what would you do

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":swxkqt37 said:
What about medicines that you or family may need. Many people have to have drugs to survive.
I hate to think about dental work without anesthetic.

Where there is a way, there is a will. :roll:

alftn":1bh35b2e said:
They will do the same as in the 30's,they will sell it by auction at the courthouse steps...The buyers will be like last time, judges, lawyers and other goverment employes that still have jobs and income... who can pay the taxes, and you will be homeless...

The goverment can not take away what they do not know you have, I will not be as dumb as my releatives who turn in their gold for paper, because they were good americans...I personally do not have much gold, I like silver better, not bullion but coinage bought as bullion..

I was at the gun shop yesterday, ammo is about as high as gold...and harder to get....

Alftn.....who's going to trade you anythign for a piece of gold or silver?? Really?? If it gets so bad that everyone is homeless etc. who needs a little piece of gold or silve. It might be worth $1200 on paper but what can you buy with it?? I'll probably just lay up in my house that the gov't will repossess and get them to pay me to be the "house sitter". Maybe I can get ownership again by adverse possession.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Books on how things work...People who know how to work..Gold is worthless,food/water is priceless. "The Nantucket Trilogy" by S.M.Stirling is really good--Modern people get thrown back 4000 years..The first one is great,then they devolve into politics.. Mr Stirling is one of the very few writers who knows what a leap in tecnology the horse collar,the sturrip and the horseshoe really were..

This response was to the gov't employees being the ones to buy the property off the courthouse steps....

Conversation a couple of days ago.... MN getting rid of the reciprocity.... if every employee in MN changed their withholding to exempt, gov't would be broke and shut down in 3 days.

I have not verified this. I am sure MN is no different than every other state out there.

I am sure there is "some" truth to this. Point is, the gov't can't run without the rest of us paying their way. Not sure how long gov't employees would continue to work without a paycheck coming.

Best advise, get out of debt and be prepared. This is not just advise for these trying times, but advise to live by in any and all economic conditions.

Words by Hubby: "I will not bust my tail so the white collar-bankers can make a living off me"

Michele

Red Bull Breeder":161duejv said:
A good whiskey still would be a good asset.

RB..now that is what you would call "the highest and best use" of an asset . Let's go partners on this one.

Folks are a gathering gold and silver and a hording seeds and money, all i need is a couple of sheets of copper and about a 100 ft of 3/4 copper tube. Some of the wealthest of the old timers around here were moonshiners in the depression. You can handle sales TB and we will share quality control tests.

Red Bull Breeder":2x0fiszi said:
Folks are a gathering gold and silver and a hording seeds and money, all i need is a couple of sheets of copper and about a 100 ft of 3/4 copper tube. Some of the wealthest of the old timers around here were moonshiners in the depression. You can handle sales TB and we will share quality control tests.

That will definitely work. "Onward thru the fog". :lol2:

Moonshine can be used as anisetic/fuel/aniseptic--more stuff I can't think of now. Wine and venegar are very useful also. Salt to preserve food. Spices/honey will be worth hundreds of "dollors" per ounce. Knowing how to tan hides,such will have great value.

alftn":2whtld6l said:
Boy ya'll are a hard bunch

guns and ammo to defend people and animals
seeds to grow garden
food stores untill garden makes
gold and silver to pay taxes...

In tennessee we have/I have lots of trees there is my energy source, at least heat
electricity would not want to but can live with out
H2O running rockbottom creek and well can aways lift water by hand...
food storage, I am a southern, I can, can in jars using wood stove, and salt meat like my father and grandfather before me..I have not forgot how to live before running water and air-condition
Taxes may be high, but having a real reserve of gold or silver, I have to believe I will be better off than the people that do not...

I wonder if it is still possible to live like this ?
my grandparents came to west texas in early 1900's in a wagon, they started farming cotton with a team of horses and raised or grew most all thier food.
i remember the stories of how tough things were when they missed crops and didn't even have money to buy seed the next year.
they said there were years when they never went to town, no need to since they didn't have any money do buy anything.
funny thing is they ended up very well off, but they still raised chickens, cattle, a couple of hogs to butchers and always had a big garden.
i bet they didn't spend 20.00 a month at the grocery store.

Latest posts