What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Milkmaid is right on in the pic of the Herford cow vaginal prolapse. And I tried the method of waking them down hill and it goes back in, worked the first day or so but then just stayed out. I think with these things the big cause of the problem is they lay down and it starts coming out. Then it blocks the cow from peeing and causes discomfort. They try straining to get the pee out and it gets worse from there. Once the go back in and they pee they seem fine. Thanks again for the replies, I think I will try and keep her and loosen the stitches and see what happens in a week or so. If it comes back out I'll put it back in and go from there.

Wick, in your place, I'd keep her. Not necessarily because it is a good idea - it might or might not be - but rather because my curiousity would get the better of me. If I sold her I'd wonder for the rest of my life if it would have been possible to calve her out successfully. :lol: My curiousity gets me in trouble sometimes, too. :p
Good luck whatever you decide. Give us an update if you end up keeping her, please! ;-)

Latest posts