what would you call this cross?

Help Support CattleToday:

bitt

Reaction score
I bought a bull a few weeks ago. His sire is registered Brahman,
his mother registered Angus. The question is would he be
a Brangus. Thanks for your replies.

Bitt@ ALMOSTA FARM

I have always called that cross an F-1 Brangus.

bitt":1ftqta7i said:

Bitt@ ALMOSTA FARM

bitt":3bckx2ed said:
Bitt@ ALMOSTA FARM

No. A true, registered Brangus is 5/8 Angus and 3/8 Brahman. But around here almost anything black with some ear is called a brangus.

bitt":2r35xwg6 said:
a Brangus. Thanks for your replies
Bitt@ ALMOSTA FARM

it could be called Brangus but it will be a percentage Brangus or F1 Brangus that means it's 1/2 blood of each breed.

FWIW asked the vet for the reason bangs had to be given under 1 year old. He said it was to catch them before puberty. So there could be a little slippage on a later maturing breed. But would be a good idea to get Herefords vaccinated on time.

cherokeeruby":3upqywbt said:
FWIW asked the vet for the reason bangs had to be given under 1 year old. He said it was to catch them before puberty. So there could be a little slippage on a later maturing breed. But would be a good idea to get Herefords vaccinated on time.
Ruby
What has this got to do wirh thw original question.
Let the vets take of the official stuff. Vaccinate herefords on time or any cross bereeds on time also. If you think you are a cattle breeder do what the Govt. dictates or get out.

Touchy, I do vaccinate on time. Just posting the reason why they want them vaccinated before one year. Breeds that mature early shoud vaccinate early.

la4angus":1h8iskh9 said:
cherokeeruby":1h8iskh9 said:
Ruby
What has this got to do wirh thw original question.
Let the vets take of the official stuff. Vaccinate herefords on time or any cross bereeds on time also. If you think you are a cattle breeder do what the Govt. dictates or get out.

Latest posts