what would u cross an angus with?

Help Support CattleToday:

emily...,
I think your question should be turned around. I suspect it would be easier and shorter to answer. "What are the negatives?". The balance of points would be the positives.

My answer would be..don't know any...... given general known environments and demand in the marketplace.

[/quote]Complete the statement. "Brahman works extremely well in the deep south"[/quote]

emily_22 is in Australia, Deep South there would have the greatest temp changes, I would think a 3/16 Brahman should give enough ear for performance in emily's "Deep South"

I would breed an Black Angus cow to a Black Angus Bull.At a bred cow sale here straight Black Bred heifers were $1300 to $1400 a head black baldies were a $100 less and red baldies were $200 less.

Big red-necked hereford bulls on my moderate framed angus cows. I have always been partial and never used anything but british genetics. I love them big soggy black baldie and brockle faced calves, I think there will always be a demand for them. I think it is somewhat important to use a hereford bull with at least some carcass genetics. These animals do have a tendency to get awful greasy in the feedyard.

DD RANCH":cha2mvoy said:
I would breed an Black Angus cow to a Black Angus Bull.At a bred cow sale here straight Black Bred heifers were $1300 to $1400 a head black baldies were a $100 less and red baldies were $200 less.

I personally would breed to a hereford bull. I watched a sale about 3 weeks ago that was kind of the other way around. They were selling herefords bred to an angus bull they topped the sale. The second highest was the red angus bred to a hereford bull and then finally the angus bred back angus. But all of these were commercial heifer replacements to a low birthweight bull supposed to be anyway.

High was 1750.00 and low was the angus at 1300.00

I personally thought everthing was way to high. JHH

Whats good about the Angus/Hereford crosses? First, they are the CUTEST! And they are a wonderful Beef Cross. Both breeds are excellent.

I like the Angus/Brahma ~ Brangus cross too. Especially for warm climates. The Brangus also have a good feed conversion ratio.

Hereford would be my choice. We have used that cross for a long time and the two breeds seem to compliment each other pretty well. If you live in a warmer wetter climate and want to produce a high quality (prime grade) carcass and don't mind sacrificing some yield use a jersey bull!

Latest posts