What Were They Thinking....

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC":2zqutxph said:
aplusmnt":2zqutxph said:
VanC":2zqutxph said:
P.S. I don't know who came up with that "America's Team" stuff or why, but sure doesn't apply up here. This is Bears and Colts country.

I think it is one of those urban legends. We should probably have Dun snopes it for us :lol:

And if they are really America's team I bet it had more to do with the Cheerleaders than the Team ;-)

Yup, that's probably it. My mistake. You know you're getting old when you talk about the Cowboys and forget about the cheerleaders. :oops:

Them Cheerleaders are the greatest thing to come out ot Texas since, George Bush and CB :lol:

I like the Cowboys. Doesnt matter if they win or loose.

My opinion is give TO a chance. I will wait and see how he acts now rather than judge him based upon how he previously acted. Maybe he learned a lesson.

I think he could be a good thing for the Cowboys if he can keep his attitude in check.

aplusmnt":3ujeimdl said:
VanC":3ujeimdl said:
aplusmnt":3ujeimdl said:
VanC":3ujeimdl said:
P.S. I don't know who came up with that "America's Team" stuff or why, but sure doesn't apply up here. This is Bears and Colts country.

I think it is one of those urban legends. We should probably have Dun snopes it for us :lol:

And if they are really America's team I bet it had more to do with the Cheerleaders than the Team ;-)

Yup, that's probably it. My mistake. You know you're getting old when you talk about the Cowboys and forget about the cheerleaders. :oops:

Them Cheerleaders are the greatest thing to come out ot Texas since, George Bush and CB :lol:

:secret: :secret: :secret: :secret: :secret: :secret: :secret:

Alice

3MR":2x961fr7 said:

My opinion is give TO a chance. I will wait and see how he acts now rather than judge him based upon how he previously acted. Maybe he learned a lesson.

I think he could be a good thing for the Cowboys if he can keep his attitude in check.

3MR, maybe since you're overseas, you aint heard that TO is up to his old tricks again. He says he don't have to practice and Parcells is saying it will be hard for him to play a receiver he hasn't seen practice.

warpaint":3k6l74iu said:
3MR":3k6l74iu said:

3MR, maybe since you're overseas, you aint heard that TO is up to his old tricks again. He says he don't have to practice and Parcells is saying it will be hard for him to play a receiver he hasn't seen practice.

Warpaint,
Thats taken a little out of context. He said that he does need practice to be effective on the field. He didnt just come out and say he doesnt need practice at all. He has stated before that practice is necessary to be on the exact same page with the team. Parcells has always said "no practice no play" always. No different here. Plus, he's not practicing due to injury, not b/c he just doesnt want to. I'm sure he'd love to make his home debut versus his old team, but i dont think he would be willing to jeopardize his regular season for it.

3MR,
I'm with you. One player everyone forgets about is Charles Haley. Had problems with previous team, came to the Cowboys and was great for us. Maybe T.O. can do something similar.

Ryan

Okay, let's take for instance, Vince Young with the Titans, injured his throwing hand in practice on Wed. Yesterday he was suited up and running thru drills with the team. Now you can say that he's a rookie trying to take the starting position, or you could say that he is dedicated to making a team effort to win ballgames.

I didn't start this thread to argue over a favorite team. It just get's my goat, how some players will take advantage of a situation. Example; Steve McNair. He spent more time on the injured reserve list than any player on the roster, but still they kept him as the starter until they had had enough. Will he make it with the Ravens? Time will tell.

T.O. treaded on the star.

I repeat, T.O. treaded on the star!

How can any Cowboy fan support him after that?

The idiot literally rubbed dirt in everyone's face. And some of ya'll think we needed someone like that? America's Team has gone to the dogs and we need to find another team to support. Cowboys are dead last as long as T.O. is part of it.

We need him? Heck, sell the team to a foreign country if we need T.O.

Listen to what the men of old say about this. I wouldn't be surprised if Lilly, Garrison, Waters, Staubach and everyone else abandonned them.

My turn, my turn, I am a DIE HARD DALLAS COWBOYS FAN have been since born just west of their in Fort Worth. I Love it when I am coming into my home State and I see those GIANT Stars on the over passes and know I am on the home ground of the GREATEST TEAM in the NFL BUT GOOD GRIEF JERRY JONES NEEDS TO SELL AND L-E-A-V-E that Team ALONE. It has not been the same since he took over. I am now inthe state of the second best team TENNESSEE TITANs, formerly years ago known as Houston Oilers. I still like to check in on the Cowboys and see if they can handle the season or not but that is about it.

It is said that these multi million dollar players are the thang but they are a bad example for the kids today. What does a kid think if he is told at practice that if you don't practice you don't play and then they hear the big boys say those things like "I don't need to practice", what a bad example is that.
I think all players should get fined when caught for DUI or DWI or any other thing not just by the courts but by the NFL because they are our kids biggest ICONS. If they are punished all the way around maybe our kids can get the message you mess up you pay up. Thats a true to life they are what we have to compete against to make our kids grow up.

WagaAgeyv":15elg3ky said:
My turn, my turn, I am a DIE HARD DALLAS COWBOYS FAN have been since born just west of their in Fort Worth. I Love it when I am coming into my home State and I see those GIANT Stars on the over passes and know I am on the home ground of the GREATEST TEAM in the NFL BUT GOOD GRIEF JERRY JONES NEEDS TO SELL AND L-E-A-V-E that Team ALONE. It has not been the same since he took over. I am now inthe state of the second best team TENNESSEE TITANs, formerly years ago known as Houston Oilers. I still like to check in on the Cowboys and see if they can handle the season or not but that is about it.

It is said that these multi million dollar players are the thang but they are a bad example for the kids today. What does a kid think if he is told at practice that if you don't practice you don't play and then they hear the big boys say those things like "I don't need to practice", what a bad example is that.
I think all players should get fined when caught for DUI or DWI or any other thing not just by the courts but by the NFL because they are our kids biggest ICONS. If they are punished all the way around maybe our kids can get the message you mess up you pay up. Thats a true to life they are what we have to compete against to make our kids grow up.

First Dallas and now the Titans. That's quite a run of hard times football. :lol:

They need someone I guess thats me I don't believe you should be behind a team only because they are winning but when they are loosing as well. That is what makes a true football FAN!

Keep trying Cowboys and Titans!

WagaAgeyv":15rtf0d1 said:
They need someone I guess thats me I don't believe you should be behind a team only because they are winning but when they are loosing as well. That is what makes a true football FAN!

Keep trying Cowboys and Titans!

I agree. People who latch onto a team when they're winning and then abandon them in hard times make me sick. I've rooted for 4 teams with my heart and soul my entire life: Bears, Cubs, Illinois football, Illinois men's basketball. Lots more losses than wins over the years, and only one ultimate championship. But they're my teams and always will be.

Latest posts