What were they eating?!

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Years ago on my way to town i would see some neighbor's (dont get me started) cattle down the road in the pen being fed what looked to me like fiberglass. it would be in a pile, shredded, and looked like ...FIBERGLASS. what in the world was that? i saw them eating this on several occasions.

it was pink in color and looked glossy. looked like something laminated. who knows.

it definitely looked like some kind of paper or laminate material. fiberglass, is exactly what it looked like to me, from a distance. (not far from the road). i wonder if was candy or gum with wrappers and everything? what kind of byproducts do they shred?

Beefy":12jhuw1u said:
it was peppermint and plastic wrap.

:shock: :shock:

Well, I guess those little plastic wrappers aren't as bad as plastic bags or artificial flowers. But still, that's alot of little plastic bits.

Do you suppose those bits of plastic count as "fiber"/"roughage"? ;-)

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1amyl0ph said:
Beefy":1amyl0ph said:
it was peppermint and plastic wrap.

:shock: :shock:

Well, I guess those little plastic wrappers aren't as bad as plastic bags or artificial flowers. But still, that's alot of little plastic bits.

Do you suppose those bits of plastic count as "fiber"/"roughage"? ;-)

Katherine

Maybe it pre/repackages the manure so that it's easier to clean up

dun

When we lived in Illinois we fed a LOT of byproducts, because they were easy to find and cheap. However, anything that came in wrappers I un-wrapped. Something not quite right about a cow eating plastic... but that's just me.

Latest posts