What we did last night !!!! with pics..:)

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Hah..For those of you that thought something else .. Shame on you.. :lol2:

We made hand made ravioli for the first time ,,everything, even the Italian sausage was homegrown ,,somewhat.. ;-)
It was delicious and we ate, drank fine wine and reminisced about Steffie with mostly smiles and only a few tears..
Unfortunately my pasta technique needs a lot of work as they ended up towards the end looking more like perogies than ravioli.. :p
Still fab all the same.. Steff would have loved it.. :heart:

The pasta dough
IMG_1871.jpg

The filling, ricotta ,provolone, Romano, parmesana asiago cheese and sauteed leek
IMG_1870.jpg

.The ravioli ,,.like I said I need practice.. :lol2:
IMG_1878.jpg

The sauce, spicy Italian sausage, roman tomatoes, grilled peppers and shytaki mushrooms with of course all the perfect herbs and spices
IMG_1869.jpg

Just about ready to serve..
IMG_1882.jpg

My sommelier, wine connoisseur....
IMG_1880.jpg

The piece d'Resistance..
IMG_1885.jpg

Thank you to a very good friend for sharing your recipes. Mr HD and I truly enjoyed this one and expect to enjoy the others even more. :wave:

Looks good enuf to eat. I bet they tasted great. don't worry about technique you will get better with practice. :clap:

That wine taster of yours looks he knows his business sure enuf. Musta had a lot of practice :lol2:

Mmmm! Thats made me hungry,did you perhaps use sweet basil as one of the herbs.Am crazy about fresh herbs,never cook without them.

Unfortunately my pasta technique needs a lot of work as they ended up towards the end looking more like perogies than ravioli..

If you consider this a problem - just call me - I know how to clean up food like that with no problem whatsoever!

Cheers

Bez+

Hah..For those of you that thought something else .. Shame on you.. :lol2:

When you get to be the age of some of us - well, you need to live your life vicariously!

Thanks for the chuckle

Bez+

Thanks everyone. Yes it was delicious and even better the next day..YUM .........I want to try someone's special fettuccine recipe next time.. :nod:

Fine wine always adds to a really good meal and yes he has had a little practice as of late.. :lol2: 2 bottles of vino and a great dinner ,then put a prolapsed uterus in successfully at midnight last Valentines day.. We are very talented.. ;-) :help:

16 years later and hubby and I still take time to have fun ,even with all that is going on..

Life is good. Enjoy time with those you love and thank God everyday for them.. :heart:

Looks like it was delicous. A reminder for everyone to enjoy life's simple pleasures; it doesn't get much better than a good meal prepared and shared with someone you love.

HD..you know with just a little bit of effort you could be a real smart a_ _ with that beautiful looking meal and that bottle of fine wine. Go ahead...rub it in. I'm jealous. :cry2:

Latest posts