• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What we did last night !!!! with pics..:)

hillsdown

Reaction score
Hah..For those of you that thought something else .. Shame on you.. :lol2:

We made hand made ravioli for the first time ,,everything, even the Italian sausage was homegrown ,,somewhat.. ;-)
It was delicious and we ate, drank fine wine and reminisced about Steffie with mostly smiles and only a few tears..
Unfortunately my pasta technique needs a lot of work as they ended up towards the end looking more like perogies than ravioli.. :p
Still fab all the same.. Steff would have loved it.. :heart:

The pasta dough

The filling, ricotta ,provolone, Romano, parmesana asiago cheese and sauteed leek

.The ravioli ,,.like I said I need practice.. :lol2:

The sauce, spicy Italian sausage, roman tomatoes, grilled peppers and shytaki mushrooms with of course all the perfect herbs and spices

Just about ready to serve..

My sommelier, wine connoisseur....

The piece d'Resistance..

Thank you to a very good friend for sharing your recipes. Mr HD and I truly enjoyed this one and expect to enjoy the others even more. :wave:

3waycross

Reaction score
Looks good enuf to eat. I bet they tasted great. don't worry about technique you will get better with practice. :clap:

That wine taster of yours looks he knows his business sure enuf. Musta had a lot of practice :lol2:

alisonb

Reaction score
Mmmm! Thats made me hungry,did you perhaps use sweet basil as one of the herbs.Am crazy about fresh herbs,never cook without them.

Bez+

Reaction score
Unfortunately my pasta technique needs a lot of work as they ended up towards the end looking more like perogies than ravioli..

If you consider this a problem - just call me - I know how to clean up food like that with no problem whatsoever!

Cheers

Bez+

Bez+

Reaction score
Hah..For those of you that thought something else .. Shame on you.. :lol2:

When you get to be the age of some of us - well, you need to live your life vicariously!

Thanks for the chuckle

Bez+

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yes it was delicious and even better the next day..YUM .........I want to try someone's special fettuccine recipe next time.. :nod:

Fine wine always adds to a really good meal and yes he has had a little practice as of late.. :lol2: 2 bottles of vino and a great dinner ,then put a prolapsed uterus in successfully at midnight last Valentines day.. We are very talented.. ;-) :help:

16 years later and hubby and I still take time to have fun ,even with all that is going on..

Life is good. Enjoy time with those you love and thank God everyday for them.. :heart:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Looks like it was delicous. A reminder for everyone to enjoy life's simple pleasures; it doesn't get much better than a good meal prepared and shared with someone you love.

TexasBred

Reaction score
HD..you know with just a little bit of effort you could be a real smart a_ _ with that beautiful looking meal and that bottle of fine wine. Go ahead...rub it in. I'm jealous. :cry2:

Latest posts