What vaccinations??

Help Support CattleToday:

kyandy

Reaction score
I am kindof new to cattle and we are getting our small bunch together this sat to tag.. My question is while i have them up what should i do to them.. history: Bought the cow calf pairs new years weekend from a local farmer who didn't fool with his cows much just had cows because it was what he had always done.. He hadn't touched them in a while at least a year and now i have 2 calves about6 months old and one that was born christmas eve and all of their mommas which are 8-10 year old hereford angus commercial cows.. They are all heathly and the calves seem to be gaining well just not sure what to do... I think that i should worm them at least but what else...Any suggestions would be appreciated and please give me some name brands.. Our local vets are worthless if it is not a little dog that is worth more than my cattle they are not interested.. I plan on keeping these pairs at least through the summer if not longer.. Thanks by the way someone a few miles away has lost a few calve to blackleg lately.. If that helps with your diag....

Alpha-7 is a brand name and you only have to shoot them once. That is for blackleg and for both cows and calves. Vira-Shield 6 for respiratory - calves. Vira-Shield plus VL5 for the mommas if you're going to get them bred. Bovi-Shield Gold is good too. And yes, you should worm them as well. That will get your research started.

Thanks for the input that will give me some thing to start with... Would you reccomend pour on wormer?? Thanks

I agree with BSCS... Alpha 7 is a good vaccination... and Ivomec a good pour on wormer. At the age your young ones are, its about time to do that vaccination.