What type of fencing?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I plan on fencing four acres for three head of feeder <br>cattle and wonder what type of fence would work best. <br>Of course I want the best dollar value without sacrificing safety. This will be my first attempt at raising beef and I want to get started out right. <p>Thanks,<br>Andrew<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":37grimj3 said:
: I plan on fencing four acres for three head of feeder <br>: cattle and wonder what type of fence would work best. <br>: Of course I want the best dollar value without sacrificing safety. This will be my first attempt at raising beef and I want to get started out right. <p>: Thanks,<br>: Andrew<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":12qxtm1a said:
: : I plan on fencing four acres for three head of feeder <br>: : cattle and wonder what type of fence would work best. <br>: : Of course I want the best dollar value without sacrificing safety. This will be my first attempt at raising beef and I want to get started out right. <p>: : Thanks,<br>: : Andrew<br>On my perimeter fencing I use field fence with two strands of barbed wire. On my cross fence I ues two strands of electric wire. <p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

Try a high tensile fence. It's constructed of smooth high tensile wire, you can use as many strands as you want, usually 3 or 4 will work. It takes a while to construct but once you're done there is very little maintenance required.
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=high+tensile+fence&btnG=Google+Search">High Tensile Fence</a></ul>

(User Above)":tcsghk6m said:
: I plan on fencing four acres for three head of feeder <br>: cattle and wonder what type of fence would work best. <br>: Of course I want the best dollar value without sacrificing safety. This will be my first attempt at raising beef and I want to get started out right. <p>: Thanks,<br>: Andrew<p>Andrew, on that small of acreage I believe I would just use a 2 strand electric fence with metal posts. You will have the expense of an electric fence charger but by the time you count your labor on other types of fences I think you will be ahead as you can put up this fence easily in less than a day on 4 acres.
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts