what to see

Help Support CattleToday:

When you pass thru Missouri, if you come thru the northern part, here's what might be good to see:
St Joseph, MO - An hour north of Kansas City - Pony Express Museum. Also the house is still there where Jesse James was shot & killed, I believe it's the Patee House Museum.

Kearney, MO - Just north of KC off I-35. Jesse James farm/museum. Also, Watkins Mill is near there, an 1800's woolen mill that closed down suddenly and was closed up like a time capsule and has been developed for tours.

Kansas City - the Liberty Memorial, a WW I museum. Recently rennovated, state of the art interactive exhibits. Also the Truman Library is in Independence, and very close to that is the Trails Museum. Independence was the departure point for the California, Oregon and Sante Fe trails.

Southern Missouri, Springfield has Bass Pro Shop, I think it's the original one. Also, Silver Dollar City just outside of Branson is fun. Table Rock Lake just outside Branson is very nice, water is usually clean and clear. And there is a big livestock auction in Joplin.