what to plant to block neighbors

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
i have some 'close' neighbors next to a field by my house.. i see the house when i go down my lane and i don't like seeing anyone.

400' is open the rest is covered.

I'm thinking of planting some things to block them out..

-Bamboo -- will this try to take over the pasture or will the cows eat it? figured that'd be the fastest way.

-Black locust trees -- they should grow pretty quick and the leaves break down quickly.

-Grape vines -- not sure how long they take to grow?

any other ideas? I havea bunch of old barn tin that I can do 2 sheets all the way down.. but i figured that wouldn't look the best :dunce:

Not sure if you have them there but we have a mustang grape here, grows so thick it keeps cattle in.

I know what you mean, my eyesore neighbor is at my entrance, they have 10 acres but they pile all their junk in the corner at my entrance, they dismantle cars, Furniture, any junk that has medal, they parked a travel travel that is not fit for a dog to live in against my fence, but a couple live in it. All this
goes along 100 yards of my fence, the County has no ordinance to make them clean up.

cowboy43":2mgvzyv4 said:
I know what you mean, my eyesore neighbor is at my entrance, they have 10 acres but they pile all their junk in the corner at my entrance, they dismantle cars, Furniture, any junk that has medal, they parked a travel travel that is not fit for a dog to live in against my fence, but a couple live in it. All this
goes along 100 yards of my fence, the County has no ordinance to make them clean up.

Save your nickles and buy them out?

ddd75":1m5gtyxj said:
i have some 'close' neighbors next to a field by my house.. i see the house when i go down my lane
and i don't like seeing anyone.

I'm thinking of planting some things to block them out...

I have a bunch of old barn tin that I can do 2 sheets all the way down...

A long row of Red Maple trees, though not the fastest growing tree, can be quite elegant and perhaps improve the
entire neighborhood view. But not sure it would fit with "the style" of anyone considering 2 sheets of used tin instead.

lots of good suggestions. i'm checking them out.

yea I know you guys would like my used tin idea.. haha..

ddd75":2vkuqrtj said:
i have some 'close' neighbors next to a field by my house.. i see the house when i go down my lane and i don't like seeing anyone.

I'm thinking of planting some things to block them out..

-Bamboo -- will this try to take over the pasture or will the cows eat it? figured that'd be the fastest way.

-Black locust trees -- they should grow pretty quick and the leaves break down quickly.

-Grape vines -- not sure how long they take to grow?

any other ideas? I havea bunch of old barn tin that I can do 2 sheets all the way down.. but i figured that wouldn't look the best :dunce:
Tell the neighbor exactly how you feel about him and he may plant something so he doesn't have to see you or your place. :nod: :nod:

well they have 4 yapping dogs.. I told them 2 weeks ago.. (2) times that their dogs bark non stop. they just didn't get it i guess.. so I yelled over a couple times. the other day I really let them have it *(yelling while they were outside) and that seemed to do the trick. haven't heard the dogs in a couple days but i'm sure its just temporary. I was thinking about one of those supersonic dog devices.

I really want to shoot all those dogs. bad.

ddd75":1vxcgmsi said:
well they have 4 yapping dogs.. I told them 2 weeks ago.. (2) times that their dogs bark non stop. they just didn't get it i guess.. so I yelled over a couple times. the other day I really let them have it *(yelling while they were outside) and that seemed to do the trick. haven't heard the dogs in a couple days but i'm sure its just temporary. I was thinking about one of those supersonic dog devices.

I really want to shoot all those dogs. bad.
That will solve the problem...........and create a much larger one.

Plant Chinese tallow. A very fast grower.
You won't be able to see the neighbors and the neighbors will then be the least of your problems.

Latest posts