what to get?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kodak Easy Share...it's the most user friendly I've ever seen or used. It takes great pictures...I really can't say enough good about it.

Alice

Alice":lxe5zx9x said:
Kodak Easy Share...it's the most user friendly I've ever seen or used. It takes great pictures...I really can't say enough good about it.

Alice
Ditto. Get a 10:1 zoom at least.

We have a couple of Sonys and a couple of cheapies that were given to the nieces. Any of the name brands do well. Some of the extended family use Kodaks, some Vivitars.
Look and see who has the best deal today.
Optical zoom is preferable to digital zoom.
The storage medium should be a consideration also.
And buy one that uses double A's. Those speciality batteries that are brand specific are expensive and when the manufacturer stops making a model you might have problems finding a battery that works right. That's the case for one of the Sonys. We can get the battery from Batterys Plus but the camera doesn't always recognize it when it boots.

I use a sony, and one hour rechargable batteries, keeps the cost of them down. My Husband uses his JVC mini disc video camera for both movies and stills, and that charges up on the mains no batteries required, it is handy if something funny starts happening you can go onto film. the disc then goes into either the DVD player or the TV for showing and printing.

I have a Fujifilm FinePix A500 digital with 5.1 mega pixels that takes regular AA bateries (preferably rechargable). I love it, 'cause I can take all sorts of different focuses in different lighting conditions...

Really, it's the best camera for my practise with photography, and I don't have anything bad to say about it (yet...).

Olympus SP-350 and a Canon PowerShot S2 IS; 8.0 mega pixels on the first, 5.0 on the latter.

I stole my son's cheapo Vivitar 2.1 megapixel that he got for graduation. It works great for snapshot type stuff, but I sure would like to get something with some lens variety - I need a zoom!

bought a 20 dollar memory card and rechargable batteries for it. Plugs right into the computer, so easy to file pix then print or put on disc, e-mail etc.

Since I already had all kinds of Canon EOS lenses, multipiers and everything else. we got the Canon EOS digital.

You put on a 500 mm telephoto lens and take a pic of a deer, then the 8+ megapix will let you zoom in about 10 more times once you get the pic downloaded. You can have nothing but a pic of his head at 100 yards. The clarity is astounding. I still have my EOS 650 35 mm but it is collecting dust on the case. This digital version allows me to take hundreds of pics and just print out a few chosen ones.

By the way, I have had several pics published, mostly back in the late 80's. It is a wonderful feeling.

Gonna have to go with the Kodak easy share, I just got the 5.0 megapixel not to long ago, has zoom and all the goodies, they are pretty fair priced and as already mentioned easy to use. Me being in college this is perfect, if I had a job where I had income not outcome, lol, I might think about a better built unit as the kodak feels kind of flimsy, but its been good to me for about 6 months now :cboy:

Latest posts