what to feed?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmgrl09

Reaction score
We mix our own feed but i was thinking using a commercial brand of feed for next year. Does anyone have any suggustions? And how much more is it going to cost me??

farmgrl09":1p2lsbw9 said:
We mix our own feed but i was thinking using a commercial brand of feed for next year. Does anyone have any suggustions? And how much more is it going to cost me??

How much more?

What are you paying now?

You planning to supply the ingredients or buy them for the commercial mix?

Have you talked to your local mill yet?

Those are the folks that will have the answer.

Bez+

farmgrl09":1x3oo6ww said:
by commercail are you talking like purina, showmaster, moormans. if so i dont know. i mix my own feed and i love it because i can adjust as need be

I have already scratched the idea of buying commercial feed because I want to be able to change it as i need to. but has anyone one ever heard of top dressing the feed with wheat germ oil or anything like that? If so..what does it do??

farmgrl09":219fl66t said:
I have already scratched the idea of buying commercial feed because I want to be able to change it as i need to. but has anyone one ever heard of top dressing the feed with wheat germ oil or anything like that? If so..what does it do??
it improves the condition of the coat. so what are you mixing

in our mix there is corn, rolled oats, catttle grower, beet pulp, cottonseed hulls, and molasses.

Latest posts