What to do

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Back on 2-14 I had an embryo implanted in one of my baldies. She came back in yesterday and stood overnight. Question is do I give her a second shot at it or choose another recip? At $800 an egg I have to be really careful.

Have the embryologist check for ___________. Someone fill in the blank for me, I can't think of the correct term... They can tell which side just cycled because there is something extra there... Our embryologist checks to make sure there is a good one before putting an embryo in a recip... My mind isn't functioning properly right now...

Hook":3kcn13lj said:
Ouch. Put a bull in front of her and see what happens.

That would give me a cross and I don't want that. I need a full blood.

Well, I just got a call back from the embryologist and he said to bring her back on the 9th for another implant. He felt like it was just a case of bad luck. At these prices I sure hope my bad luck changes. :(

slick you just made me swallow hard.as im thinking about buying a donor and flushing her.but ive got todo alot of thinking and talking to a friend of mine.

I've also used one of mine as a donor and one of those should be on the ground mid April. I think I'd rather sweat the donor part of it rather than the recip side.

with the prices reg cattle are bringing im seriously considering buying a donor with in the next year.ive got a good friend thats gearing his herd towards donor cows now.im pretty sure i can go in with him and get 1 or 2 donors and flushing them.

shortybreeder":1halnwhi said:
Have the embryologist check for ___________. Someone fill in the blank for me, I can't think of the correct term... They can tell which side just cycled because there is something extra there... Our embryologist checks to make sure there is a good one before putting an embryo in a recip... My mind isn't functioning properly right now...

CL (corpus luteum)

ricebeltrancher":26aykbqc said:
shortybreeder":26aykbqc said:

CL (corpus luteum)
That's it! Thank you

Latest posts