What to do with land ?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":28moapr7 said:
Stepper":28moapr7 said:
Would it be pushing it to run a 3 year old bull on 45 head of heifers ?

Tricky question.

If the bull is experienced, and all the heifers don't cycle at the same time, I would say the bull could do it. If, however, your going to control the breeding season (like 45 days for example), he may have problems. You didn't say what type of bull. A M. gray bull would have no problems with that, and give you calving ease to boot. ;-)

When I had my group of two year old bulls semen tested a few months ago, the vet said he would not hesitate to put any of them "with 50 cows". ;-) :cboy:

I got my lease locked in for 5 years at $1000.00 per year with an option to match anyones bid at the end of 5 years. Thats the only way i would take it because the place was in pretty bad shape. The levy was broke on the pond , all the fence was down , an hadn,t been bush hogged in years, an all them thorn trees, but its lookin better every day an i got cows on it now.
But, still got a long ways to go.

curtis,

That is the best way to do it. You can not hardly afford to put much money into the up keep of a lease by only having it for 1 year.

I just leased a 20 acre peace of property for $200 a year with the agreement of leasing from January to January. The owner is a good friend and i trust him. So i am fertlizing/spraying/replacing some fencing.

Latest posts