what to cross with angus

Help Support CattleToday:

cleav

Reaction score
me and my partner have 10 angus and angus cross cows. we live in ky and are tring to pick a bull down to braunvieh salers or brangus. wanting some real good replacement heifers but, also want some steers that will put on weight and sell. which breed would you go with.

Why not be novel and buy the best bull for the money. Forget breeds. Surely a breeder in your area raises one of the breeds you mentioned and does a better job than the other two breeds.

FWIW, I'ld use Brangus. Won't get the hybrid vigor, but will get good calves and future momma cows if you select for the proper traits.

dun

Out of those I would use the Brangus. The best bull would be a Gelbvieh bull.

I would ask the same question as Cert. Can you sell a the ear in KY? In TX we can get away with a little more ear. We raise brangus and brangus crosses and love them but I'm not sold on them being the right mix for your market. I would ask around the area or check out a sale and see if what that type of cattle could do for you. good luck.

if u want some good feeder calves or even show cattle u gotta go with the charolais. your calves will grow faster and at the end they will have more weight. all around better calves.

Latest posts