What to charge friends for fall beef?

Help Support CattleToday:

rather than break it down into a slaughter fee, process fee etc etc
my price to customer is $3.00 per pound across the board! makes it easier for t he customer to understand!!!
on a 1000# hoof animal i figure roughly a 600# carcass, and tell my customer that hanging weight is different than carcass weight, and give them a basic price at time of order . knowing that price can vary depending on a lot of things!!!
there are a couple of good sites on the web that give you a good idea as to what cuts you can expect as well as where those cuts come from. saves from sticker shock!!!!!!!
if you want you can e mail me and i'll give you those links as welll send you a copy of my cut sheet and an information sheet that i give all new customers :) also i require a deposit from new customers, that can range from $$ to $$$ depending on my mood at the time :D :D and the vibes i get from the prospective buyer :D :D :D has payed off on 2 occasions!!
or you can call me by i.m. me and i'll give you a phone number!
am more than willing to help :D :D
once again i cut family and friends no slack!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: i am not trying to gouge anyone just trying to make ends meet (meat) :D :D

Business is business
Charge your friends the same as anyone else.
If they become angry they were not your friends in the first place.

Utah

Having sort of skimmed through this thread, I have to say friends should never ask you for a cut rate price.

I give one beef away each year to my folks and wifes folks - they deserve it after putting up with us for so many years!

You want my product, you will pay for it. Otherwise I will sell to other customers.

I believe you should do the same.

Bez

Latest posts