WHAT TO CHARGE FOR RECIP MANAGEMENT

Help Support CattleToday:

Avalon

Reaction score
I could'nt figure exactly where to put this so ill try here first. I will be housing and caring for a group of bred recips in the near future. They wil need a bit more TLC than your average bred cow. I Anticipate keeping out a good protein source (tubs) plus a little bit of feed every couple days to keep them coming up. Also looks like I'll be haying by then. (Been blessed so far with ample forage from last years rains). Has anyone got any idea how much I should charge to house these cows on my place?

Avalon":skeaf1bz said:
I could'nt figure exactly where to put this so ill try here first. I will be housing and caring for a group of bred recips in the near future. They wil need a bit more TLC than your average bred cow. I Anticipate keeping out a good protein source (tubs) plus a little bit of feed every couple days to keep them coming up. Also looks like I'll be haying by then. (Been blessed so far with ample forage from last years rains). Has anyone got any idea how much I should charge to house these cows on my place?
from reading what you say id charge $2 a hd a day.how long are you going tobe keeping the recips.you said something that has me concerned.the way your talking their not in all that good of body condition.so sounds like you could be feeding them alot.

then id say protine tubbs an good quality hay.an maybe 3lbs feed a hd 2 or 3 times a week.

Avalon":rqr7bpdp said:

You can't just charge the actual costs for keeping these animals. You have to add what you would have made off of the space they are contained in had they not been there.

Will you be calving them? If so, there will be more time involved.

I wouldn't take less than $4-5 per head per day. No way, no how.