What to breed to?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am starting a herd of show cattle. I plan on buying two registered hereford cows and and F1 herefordlimousin or herefordangus cow and AI them to raise show cattle out of. what should I AI<br>them to?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":9vq8g583 said:
: I am starting a herd of show cattle. I plan on buying two registered hereford cows and and F1 herefordlimousin or herefordangus cow and AI them to raise show cattle out of. what should I AI<br>: them to?<p><br>JS<p>Are going into the Hereford show cattle business or into the club calf business. If your in club calf then a good angus/simmental or angus/chi would be the best cow to have and AI to great Simmental, Main, Chi, or Charlois bulls. This would be a better starting point for club calves, than buying four cows and hoping for one good calf. Getting good complete show cattle takes a lot of great cows breed to great bulls to make people spend money on a chance to win with your calves. Only having four cows does not mean you will come out with four show quality calves. If you would like to talk more about show cattle breeding let me know.<p>Matt<br>Bar M Ranch <p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>