What they should look like.

Help Support CattleToday:

Hop
Think of this, if you have been to a stockyard probably 10-15% of the animals sold any week are cull cows and bulls. That amounts to thousands each week. Almost all are slaughtered within a few days and back on the retail market within a week.
An example is Memorial day is 10 days away. Check the market reports and you will see cull cows and bulls are higher already. The reason is they want lots of meat to sell for Memorial day weekend grilling. By next weekend the price may be softer because they don't want extra on hand after the holiday.
Hoping kill cows stay high all summer. 4th of July isn't that far away,and after last year. I bet most people will be gathering and grilling all summer long.

Thoes look real good to big blue ! I feel kind of stupid in one of the question i ask about what the difference is in finishing between a grass fed verse grain fed beef.

A grass finished beef is just that. The animal was feed nothing but grass. Really nothing outside of it being fed a good quality grass and maybe keeping it from eating certain plants like someone mentioned wild onions that might off set the taste a little. Grass finishing should be alot easier with less work and risk ?

Don't mean to offend anyone as to which finish they decided to go with.

I guess most if not all beef you buy from most stores are grain finished ?
Thanks. I think they are coming along pretty well.

Some people distinguish between grass "fed" and grass "finished". Of course, most beef is grass "fed" for the majority or even entirety of it's life. You have probably had grass "fed" beef. Grass "finished" would indicate a higher about of marbling and back fat. I don't know if there is a grass "finished" standard. I imagine we could go to the USDA standards for quality grade and yield grade. Prime, Choice or Select. This beef will not be officially USDA graded. That is why I said I am not sure if they are grass "finished" or not. I know they are grass fed, since they haven't had any grain.

Latest posts