What the heck is wrong with people

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Had a job scheduled to that would be an all day affair. On the schedule for 2 weeks. Get there after driving 45 minutes and its already been done. Can't get ahold of the home owner or the Managment company to rip them a new one. I could have taken care of some other people, gone to the sale barn, or hauled a pig into the butcher if I had known it was done already.
2 minutes to pick up the phone and cancel is too much effort.
Sumbiches :bang: :bang: :mad: :mad:

That is BS Hook. I'm constantly amazed at people and their unwillingness to make a simple phone call. Hope your day gets better.

I hope that you had a contract and can get some $$$ for your time and fuel.
I wonder if the company has a reputation for doing things like this.

I don't write contracts on jobs under 1k. I'm going to hit them with a bill though

In theory it would be great but customers don't want to write a contract for jobs that average 200-500 bucks. Sometimes as small as 50 bucks.

hooknline":4vn5ipka said:
Had a job scheduled to that would be an all day affair. On the schedule for 2 weeks. Get there after driving 45 minutes and its already been done. Can't get ahold of the home owner or the Managment company to rip them a new one. I could have taken care of some other people, gone to the sale barn, or hauled a pig into the butcher if I had known it was done already.
2 minutes to pick up the phone and cancel is too much effort.
Sumbiches :bang: :bang: :mad: :mad:
You should of crashed your car into their house, and filed another insurance claim. :lol2:

Good luck on that bill. Like I have said before if that kind of crap isn't happening to you at least a few times a year your doing pretty good. The fact is most of the country is so self centered they don't care if you lose a days work because they didn't make a 60 second phone call.

Brute 23":2gl6n9ez said:
That wouldn't work either. They just move on to the next guy.
Pressure washin here is about like carpet cleaning. There's set pricing standards for most ordinary things and 1000 people doing it. Experience, quality, and reliability sets people apart. During the lowest part of the recession I lost customers over a 5$ difference in pricing and didn't find out about it until afterwards. 5 bucks. There's no way people will pay deposits and I don't ask for them. This happens about once a year and in 20 years I've only been stiffed once. That guy died of a heart attack about 6 months after.

It's part of being in business for yourself. We go through the same type of thing and bring in a lot of money for what we really make, but we still figure its better than having jobs for someone else somewhere making 15$ an hour.

Well, I hadn't heard from the management fellow that scheduled me. I was fully expecting an apology at the minimum since I've been doing work for him and that home owner for the last 10 years without issue. So I stopped by the house and wrote a bill for 65.00 or my fuel and time. The homeowner came out and sai she was sorry but she was out of town and it wasn't her problem. So I asked her if it was her house. And if he was her house caretaker. Yes to both. So I left the bill and my card.
The manager guy just called. Denied ever setting the appointment, and said I should leave the h.o. Out of it. I told him all he had to do was cancel the appointment and apologize. Then started yelling at me and said he was the customer and he was the one that makes things happen. He hung up on me when I said the h o was the customer and I don't care who pays me but I will get paid. He called from the h o phone number. I may have just caused him a whole lot more headache than 65.00. worth. I'm not done yet, the way I see it he owes me a days worth of his time in headaches in one fashion or another.

Hook, phone calls are a two way street, I always confirm the day before with my clients. In your case I might even call before I left for the job. If folks are unwilling to give you a cell number to confirm with you dont need their biz.

Cool your jets and move on, it aint worth it and one loud mouth complaining person can loose you up to 20 potential customers. One happy customer can get you five. Stick some shrimp on the pit and drink a cool one......Just hope you get a call from this person again, then you get to stick it to him good.....Believe it or not Ive had folks that did me wrong that came back for my services. They got the shaft without the KY jelly..

hooknline":2ac3jeab said:
Well, I hadn't heard from the management fellow that scheduled me. I was fully expecting an apology at the minimum since I've been doing work for him and that home owner for the last 10 years without issue. So I stopped by the house and wrote a bill for 65.00 or my fuel and time. The homeowner came out and sai she was sorry but she was out of town and it wasn't her problem. So I asked her if it was her house. And if he was her house caretaker. Yes to both. So I left the bill and my card.
The manager guy just called. Denied ever setting the appointment, and said I should leave the h.o. Out of it. I told him all he had to do was cancel the appointment and apologize. Then started yelling at me and said he was the customer and he was the one that makes things happen. He hung up on me when I said the h o was the customer and I don't care who pays me but I will get paid. He called from the h o phone number. I may have just caused him a whole lot more headache than 65.00. worth. I'm not done yet, the way I see it he owes me a days worth of his time in headaches in one fashion or another.

Ever hear of a Pyrrhic victory?

Most likely ill drop it now that I've said my piece to him. I was pretty fired up after talking to him