What the heck does this mean about aggression?

Help Support CattleToday:

See right between her eyes, but lower, the hair has a swirl in it? That is a hair whorl.

Edited to add she is one of our calmest heifers, never walks away nor runs from anything. The hair whorl has truth to it...

Fire Sweep Ranch":tzaxwnsh said:

See right between her eyes, but lower, the hair has a swirl in it? That is a hair whorl.

Edited to add she is one of our calmest heifers, never walks away nor runs from anything. The hair whorl has truth to it...
Cool brand by the way. I was thinking about in top of the head, most cows have a little top hair where the horns used to be or would be in horned cattle. I have those and they are tame. I appreciate the quick response.

Thank you about the brand.... we kind of like it too!

Here is another heifer, I was just looking through pics to try to find a good shot of the whorl. Notice hers is above her eyes? Well, she is a pain in the arse to work with! When walking through our herd, she will walk away before you get near, does not want to be messed with, and freaks out in the chute (shakes her head, constantly moving...). She was shown at several shows, and that tends to mellow them down a bunch. Not this little lady, she has an edge to her...And her docility EPD is at the bottom for the breed too!

Fire Sweep Ranch":117vsknd said:
Thank you about the brand.... we kind of like it too!

Here is another heifer, I was just looking through pics to try to find a good shot of the whorl. Notice hers is above her eyes? Well, she is a pain in the arse to work with! When walking through our herd, she will walk away before you get near, does not want to be messed with, and freaks out in the chute (shakes her head, constantly moving...). She was shown at several shows, and that tends to mellow them down a bunch. Not this little lady, she has an edge to her...And her docility EPD is at the bottom for the breed too!

Shave it off..or give her a hair straightening 'do'.

Seen plenty with no whorls at all that were hades on wheels.

That's one of temple grandons theorys. When I first saw that I was working with 15 dairy herds and made a note of the whorl on all of the cows. Seemed like about half the time it was dead on and about half it was way out of wack. It sure isn;t something I would use a a culling criteria.

Coolest headed bull I've ever had... whorl slightly above eye line

very lovey dovey heifer..

No whorl.. she's been a little skittish her whole life, but suddenly will surprise you and be all nice.. she was the first to come up to one of my friends, a complete stranger.. go figure

Mother of that heifer and the bull.. well.. she's got a medium-high whorl, and is a docile cow, but will lose her marbles if you have to work her.. she's not aggressive, but gets worked up easily.. none of her offspring have shown that though.

Reading the Hair Whirl on a child's head also reveals info on their brain development when they were in the womb.
Can be used for culling... i.e. any member of isis with any form of hair whirl... bullet behind the ear

Good thing our parents didn't cull us using the same protocols.
Cowlick hair seems to run in the male side of my family.

Latest posts