What should they bring ( cows bred back)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Just running some thought through my head and I think I will be getting rid of some cows and wondered what they should bring. All of them registered herefords (horned) and bred back to a registered bull.

#1 a 2002 model just doesnt raise a big calf and she is big herself (1500#)

#2 a 2003 model just dont like her that well and she can be replaced.

#3 a 2006 Feb heifer ( not bred yet )

#4 a 2000 model her udder isnt the best and I think I need to get rid of her before she causes me more work.

Thanks JHH

JHH":3e15hegk said:
Just running some thought through my head and I think I will be getting rid of some cows and wondered what they should bring. All of them registered herefords (horned) and bred back to a registered bull.

#1 a 2002 model just doesnt raise a big calf and she is big herself (1500#)

#2 a 2003 model just dont like her that well and she can be replaced.

#3 a 2006 Feb heifer ( not bred yet )

#4 a 2000 model her udder isnt the best and I think I need to get rid of her before she causes me more work.

Thanks JHH
what they bring an what they are worth are 2 differant things.the cows you list there are all young 5 an under.so id think they would bring $750 to $900.but i dont know your market there.but i do know this if they dont work for you.sale them an get what will work for you.

Thanks bigbull for the reply. Yes they are all young except the 2000 model.

The heifer is out of the 2003 model and I just dont like her or her mother. She is jumpy and skittish as well as the mother.

I was hoping to get some where around that price for them so that would work for me. I may advertise them and see if anyone is interested in them.

They arent bad cows I just was expecting bigger weaned calves from the 02 model and like I said just dont like the other 03 and her 06 calf. They all calved fine ( no help ) and raised the calves.