What should I do?

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Well - I don't have much of a sense of smell but just got some clothes out of the laundry basket that I hadn't put away after washing.

I think one of my cats must have peed in the basket - there's that funny aroma hanging around and I couldn't detect it on any individual item and its not me 'cos I've just showered.

Anyway, I'm dressed now. Are you guys srsly going to tell me I have to put all those clothes back in the washing machine and go and find some new ones to put on? I'm not going anywhere today, except out on the farm, but maybe tomorrow might have visitors/go grocery shopping. Is smelling of catpee when you go to town really such a bad thing?

Ummmm....

don't listen to Jo.... HE doesn't have to be near you!! Re-wash them clothes, cat pee does NOT go away! :shock:

or maybe you'd rather have folks giving you odd looks and a wide berth?? :lol:

There's really nothing quite as bad as the stench of a bad case of metritis and I've worn that to town more than a few times.
Hint: any bad smell on your clothing gets worse when you sweat. 100 degrees and a drop of metritis fluid on your shirt can make you puke. :nod:

It's okay, I splashed some fuel on myself re-filling the bike and then all I could smell was that.

Thanks Jo. I'll go put them clothes away in the cupboard now.

If its a male cat drop him head first in a rubber boot . Have someone pull down on his back legs . And to work with a Sharp knife . O and id probably wash them because its pee not because of the smell .

regolith":153gaajf said:
It's okay, I splashed some fuel on myself re-filling the bike and then all I could smell was that.

Thanks Jo. I'll go put them clothes away in the cupboard now.

Put the clothes back in the washer and put your boot up the cat's behind as your facing out the door of the house and it won't happen again. Unless of course the cat's belong to Her Sweetnesty and then .... tough it up and learn to live with it. ;-)

The cats belong to me.
I sus' it might have something to do with finally trapping Hera in the house for long enough to get her to the vet for vaccs - after she made herself scarce for her previous two appointments.
Pay-back time.

Years ago at work I got sprayed by an old entire tomcat, I thought I better go home and have a shower and change. On the way home I thought I would just duck into the bank to do the banking. The smell on me permeated right through the bank. The girls at the bank told me the next day, they were sitting upstairs in the lunchroom and this horrible smell came up the stairs and they and permeated the room and they had to vacate it.
My recommendation would be if it is a tomcat rewash, female or desexed male, maybe you could get away with airing, but I think I would rewash.

Angus Cowman":1us0k7fo said:
bury all of the clothes really deep in the ground but be sure and place the cat in the hole with the clothes first
then fill hole and pack dirt very well in 1ft lifts to prevent settling in the future

:lol2: :lol2: This just might be the best advice ever given on this forum.

If evrything else fails, try this.
1 fresh Cat

1/2 c. self-rising cornmeal
1/4 tsp. black & white pepper
1 tsp. salt

When draint out, pat dry. Dip in milk; add salt and pepper. Pour cornmeal all at one time with all the dry ingredients into a brown paper sack and shake until covered. Make sure your grease is hot and ready to fry.Serves several. May want to put meat on skewer sticks with dippin' sauce. 10 million Chinese restaurants Cant be wrong.

Latest posts