What should i do

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
An old friend invited me to her wedding (and there is a reason we quit hanging out a few years ago). I do not like the guy she is marrying, very few people do. But to make it short should I even go?

If the reason that you quit hanging out with her a few years ago still applies today, then why would you go and hang out with her and the p.o.s. that she's marrying?

Of course, my middle name is not "tactful".......

grannysoo":35vnk359 said:
If the reason that you quit hanging out with her a few years ago still applies today, then why would you go and hang out with her and the p.o.s. that she's marrying?

Of course, my middle name is not "tactful".......
:banana: Good answer!!!

Ye you should go. If she was such a good friend then you have to be there, didn't you watch the season finally of the Hills ??? :roll: :lol:

Let it go and just support her, go, say congrats and leave early if need be . Then be their to pick up the pieces if you have to later. My best friend from high school married a real loser but turns out 17 years later they are still together and he has managed to hold onto the same job (not a bad one with benefits) for the last 12 years.. Go figure, people change; maybe she sees something and a side that you all never get to . Giver her the benefit of the doubt ,because after all you picked her as one of your closest friends right ?

Kind of have to agree with HD. If you don't care if you ever deal with her again then don't go. People do grow apart for various reasons.

Heck, I'd go and I don't even know the girl. I love weddings. Good food, good beverages and good dancing.

Truthfully i will probably never see her again...and its not like i haven't tried to talk to her. Whenever i try to contact her, she ignores me until she needs something. I've been hurt pretty badly by her in the past and I've gotten over it and tried to mend the friendship, but obviously it hasn't worked out.

Beefy - It is not an open bar. :(

FarmGirl10":23zf8w02 said:
Truthfully i will probably never see her again...and its not like i haven't tried to talk to her. Whenever i try to contact her, she ignores me until she needs something. I've been hurt pretty badly by her in the past and I've gotten over it and tried to mend the friendship, but obviously it hasn't worked out.

Beefy - It is not an open bar. :(

I must have missed the part about her being a beech. No I wouldn't go.

Maybe you should go just 'because'. H ow much will it cost you NOT to burn that bridge? Can't tell about the future.
Having said that I have to be honest and admit that I have a long standing policy not to go to weddings.
Don't see why they are such a big deal. 50:50 chance the marriage will fail anyway.

Last one I went to years ago I had told him not to marry that girl. He didn't listen. They had a shindig like the queen of england or somebody. Real fancy.
2 or 3 kids followed in short order. Now they are busted up just like I tried to tell him.

Better to just have a real simple and inexpensive wedding. Then in a few years if they are still together and doing well, that is the time for a shindig. Something real to celebrate then.

Why bother? I wouldn't go either.. especially if you don't care for the husband to be. I think you should find nicer friends! Like us.. :cowboy:

Stop with the "should I / shouldn't I" - "he said three years ago / she said three years ago" - "she hurt me" - "she ignored me" crapola.

Sit down and think on it.

Then make an adult decision and follow through.

Asking here just shows me you are possibly as much a part of the past trouble as your friend / ex friend / what ever she is.

It will show me - and the rest of us - that you are on your way to growing up

Asking a bunch of strangers for personal advice is really rather silly

After getting a bunch of answers you are really no closer to a decision than you were before you started the dammed thread

And there certainly has been no answer that you have probably not already thought of

Perhaps you will grow up - perhaps you will not

But the world will continue with or without you

So - now be an adult and make that adult decision

Now for my sexist closing statement: Why is it that this type of question - or similar questions - are asked here - very often - and always by younger women?

Do we need a lonely hearts and personal advice section here as well?

Time to grow up ladies.

Regards

Bez+

Sounds to me like she just wants a blender or something. But if there is an open bar, go. I'm with Beefy on that one...

Latest posts