What should happen?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALX.":z43pti2d said:
What if every inmate in the US escaped tommorrow and did what this woman did?

Well the goverment would have 40 thousand less per inmate to dole out. Secondly if they did as this woman it would not cost 10 thousand a year to track them with parole officers. Thirdly we would go from number one in the world with most incarcerated citizens to last place. That would definetly be something to be proud of.

This woman saved the goverment between $500,000 and $750,000 dollars over the last 20 years and is part of society. If she had been incarcerated those 20 years she would likekly be part of those that use the revolving door plan.

backhoeboogie":2ccln0qt said:
CattleHand":2ccln0qt said:
She is 53 now and was 19 when she commited the crime. If it was my choice (which is isn't) I'd give her one of those community service charges and have her help out kids that were like how she use to be.

We don't need more drug addicts teaching kids that they can do coke, LSD, meth - or anything else, and turn out to be just fine. How does stairway to heaven go? - "in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on?" To many died or didn't turn out okay in the long run.

Boogie take and print off this thread and post it on your refridgerator. When your daughter comes home have your post circled. Explain to her once a druggie always a druggie based on your fealings you just posted. Explain to her not to speak to anyone of her shortcomings because people like her can never be trusted again and have nothing to contribute to society.

But then again you cold use this woman as an example and explain there is life after drug addiction.

Explain to her both are choices. But then also explain to her some will always view her as a plague on society show her your post again to substantuate your fealings. While your at it explain it to that grandchild let her know if she messes up there will be no hope help or forgivenss for her either. Also remember alcohol is a regulated drug that will bite one in the but and lead to other bad choices.

I am not beating you down but remembering yur posts about your own trajedy. I sincerly hope you have better plans for your daughter than you do for these peoples daughter. Last I am not speaking about anything you have not posted about. The purpose is to let you see by your own styatment about this woman how people should feal about your daughter. I sincerly hope they dont though.

I hope for your child mikec's and anyone else who have children incarcerated or on drugs will come home to loving families and a loving society eager to help them live in the present not the past. Eager also to be there each step of the way. And if they fall I hope you and others will be eager to pick them up brush them off and remind them lifes not easy but you can do it if you are picked up when you fall rather than beaten down over your past. Also teach them there is strength in numbers. Teach them we all fall but failure only comes two ways one by not getting up when we fall the other by being kicked back down by others every time we try to get up..

Lastly teach them the Bible saying let him who is with out sin cast the first stone.

ALX.":1xxc27g6 said:

We would be a billion times better off. It costs too much and they are running out of space. I read an article a while back about some places just realeasing criminals because they didn't have the space anymore. It would be great if every criminal broke out, followed the law and became and upstanding citizen. Isn't that the point of those correctional facilities? to make them better people before releasing them 20 years later. Somehow I dont think they have been too successful though.

CattleHand":z6sipke6 said:
ALX.":z6sipke6 said:

We would be a billion times better off. It costs too much and they are running out of space. I read an article a while back about some places just realeasing criminals because they didn't have the space anymore. It would be great if every criminal broke out, followed the law and became and upstanding citizen. Isn't that the point of those correctional facilities? to make them better people before releasing them 20 years later. Somehow I dont think they have been too successful though.

You need to take a trip to Huntsville and tour the prison you might change your mind about being better off .

Make an example out of her and give her the same punishment they gave Bill Clinton for perjury. Or just send her here where we have the best judge money can buy. I'm sure something can be worked out.

Dusty-Trails":6iqhp1rd said:
backhoeboogie":6iqhp1rd said:
CattleHand":6iqhp1rd said:
She is 53 now and was 19 when she commited the crime. If it was my choice (which is isn't) I'd give her one of those community service charges and have her help out kids that were like how she use to be.

We don't need more drug addicts teaching kids that they can do coke, LSD, meth - or anything else, and turn out to be just fine. How does stairway to heaven go? - "in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on?" To many died or didn't turn out okay in the long run.

Boogie take and print off this thread and post it on your refridgerator. When your daughter comes home have your post circled. Explain to her once a druggie always a druggie based on your fealings you just posted. Explain to her not to speak to anyone of her shortcomings because people like her can never be trusted again and have nothing to contribute to society.

But then again you cold use this woman as an example and explain there is life after drug addiction.

Explain to her both are choices. But then also explain to her some will always view her as a plague on society show her your post again to substantuate your fealings. While your at it explain it to that grandchild let her know if she messes up there will be no hope help or forgivenss for her either. Also remember alcohol is a regulated drug that will bite one in the but and lead to other bad choices.

I am not beating you down but remembering yur posts about your own trajedy. I sincerly hope you have better plans for your daughter than you do for these peoples daughter. Last I am not speaking about anything you have not posted about. The purpose is to let you see by your own styatment about this woman how people should feal about your daughter. I sincerly hope they dont though.

I hope for your child mikec's and anyone else who have children incarcerated or on drugs will come home to loving families and a loving society eager to help them live in the present not the past. Eager also to be there each step of the way. And if they fall I hope you and others will be eager to pick them up brush them off and remind them lifes not easy but you can do it if you are picked up when you fall rather than beaten down over your past. Also teach them there is strength in numbers. Teach them we all fall but failure only comes two ways one by not getting up when we fall the other by being kicked back down by others every time we try to get up..

Lastly teach them the Bible saying let him who is with out sin cast the first stone.

Some beat the odds Dusty. My borther didn't. He's dead. My daughter might. It is beyond my control. There are others on this forum with dead siblings.

Many of my HS peers are dead.

I heard it all from my own bro.

Maybe you want to leave it to chance. I don't. I also don't want more martyrs to the cause.

Read up on all of it. Read for hours and hours like I have. Thend decide how you feel.

I have not given up on my daughter. The odds are very much against her. I'll do my best to balance what I can for her.

She didn't escape. She's teaching math to other inmates such that these single moms can pass a GED when they get out. She has won "teacher of the month" and other such things. There's a lot of positives right now. She is in a controlled environment and her braind has been purged of the chemicals.

I have had to look satan dead in the eye through my daughters eyes. If you have lived this, you understand. If you haven't, don't be so judgemental.

CattleHand":2pka9yzi said:
I take it that you mean for her to be a positive influence on people to build a better life for themselves as she has.
I think you make pretty good sense for a kid in short britches. :)

Dusty-Trails":2ze7hb81 said:
I am not beating you down but remembering yur posts about your own trajedy.

Dusty you can't beat me down. I have beaten myself to death over it many times over. She went off to college and came home a drug addict.

I didn't think I was casting stones either. This is up to a jury of her peers, in another state, as had been said. Everything else is purely a postulation on my part.

My situation? 16 months in jail for $10 worth of meth that the driver of the truck claimed as his own. If she had been squeaky clean, we would have beat the charge. She wasn't and you'd have to know the judge here. Drug manufacturers in other counties get as little as 90 days. More often they get 6 months. The judge here goes for the maximum sentence he can for drug cases. He wants them to move out of the county.

It took 4 months just to purge her brain. The reality is, that judge may have saved her life.

Everything else has been previously said in detail in a very long thread that you may have already read.

Off of the hi-jack now. The lady was married and living a lie. A jury may side with her. Maybe she is still doing drugs and hasn't been caught. Maybe she has been the perfect mom and folks in her community may attest to that. Maybe even her pastor if she regularly attends a church in her community. We don't know all the facts. I'm not the type to sit around watching Jerry Springer.

WORANCH":3ezvm3dk said:
CattleHand":3ezvm3dk said:
ALX.":3ezvm3dk said:

You need to take a trip to Huntsville and tour the prison you might change your mind about being better off .

Yea but if all those people got good jobs, followed the law and raised a family I'd be okay with it. But as you are implying most wouldnt. and thanks Ryder, I guess wearing the shorts keep me cool enough to think. I hope thats the case beacuse like another board poster I have finals tonight :shock: :help:

For those of you who think she should be excused, let me ask a question.

Does 2 WRONGS (Drug Possession & Prison Escape) make a RIGHT (Get out of Jail Free Card) ?

This is not about whether the sentenace for the Drug possession was to tough or not. At the time it was the law. If you don't like the law work with the elected officials to change the law. You can't make some laws apply to some criminals if they fail to escape unless you apply it to those criminal who do escape and are later caught.

Nowland Farms":1td0fka4 said:
For those of you who think she should be excused, let me ask a question.

Does 2 WRONGS (Drug Possession & Prison Escape) make a RIGHT (Get out of Jail Free Card) ?

This is not about whether the sentenace for the Drug possession was to tough or not. At the time it was the law. If you don't like the law work with the elected officials to change the law. You can't make some laws apply to some criminals if they fail to escape unless you apply it to those criminal who do escape and are later caught.

If I could, I would get a lot of laws changed. We are too long on laws and too short on wisdom and common sense.
For years this woman has gone straight, as far as we know, and lived a good and productive life.
Seems to me that to throw her back in the slammer at this stage of the game would be the
THIRD WRONG.

Nowland Farms":335beu7f said:
That is fine in theory, but I have worked with, and talked to, literally hundreds of inmates. Everything from law enforcement to sentencing is too subjective. What was the experience the officer had before he made contact with you? What kind of attorney can you afford? Who is your family? What color is your skin? What kind of a mood is your judge in? Who is your judge?! These factors and more influence how the laws are applied to you as an individual. You wouldn't believe the things that some get away with, nor the things that some get stuck with.

Ryder is right ~ lets use a little common sense here.

angie":wf7hw6d4 said:
Nowland Farms":wf7hw6d4 said:
That is fine in theory, but I have worked with, and talked to, literally hundreds of inmates. Everything from law enforcement to sentencing is too subjective. What was the experience the officer had before he made contact with you? What kind of attorney can you afford? Who is your family? What color is your skin? What kind of a mood is your judge in? Who is your judge?! These factors and more influence how the laws are applied to you as an individual. You wouldn't believe the things that some get away with, nor the things that some get stuck with.

:clap:

We don't need more drug addicts teaching kids that they can do coke, LSD, meth - or anything else, and turn out to be just fine. How does stairway to heaven go? - "in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on?" To many died or didn't turn out okay in the long run.[/quote]

Lastly teach them the Bible saying let him who is with out sin cast the first stone.[/quote]

Some beat the odds Dusty. My borther didn't. He's dead. My daughter might. It is beyond my control. There are others on this forum with dead siblings.

Many of my HS peers are dead.

I heard it all from my own bro.

Maybe you want to leave it to chance. I don't. I also don't want more martyrs to the cause.

Read up on all of it. Read for hours and hours like I have. Thend decide how you feel.

I have not given up on my daughter. The odds are very much against her. I'll do my best to balance what I can for her.

She didn't escape. She's teaching math to other inmates such that these single moms can pass a GED when they get out. She has won "teacher of the month" and other such things. There's a lot of positives right now. She is in a controlled environment and her braind has been purged of the chemicals.

I have had to look satan dead in the eye through my daughters eyes. If you have lived this, you understand. If you haven't, don't be so judgemental.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boogie

Just for the record I have seen it had several siblings envolved in drugs one got 15 years. The girl that escaped was coached by her family to plead guilty to a sentence that major criminals did not get in that day. I was listening to the radio today I believe it was gleen beck and heard the ones that are going to go pick her up from michigan say the sentence was out of line for that era especialy since she pled guilty.

You ever seen the movie brubaker about the ark- prison. Well I have been there with a chaplain friend first hand to minister. In 1984 it was still regarded as the most hostile prison in the us even after the movie and alledged clean up. They would still beat inmates for sass, droopy drawers and struting. Anyone doing these things was paid a visit in the middle of the night. They still raise their own food. The warden trains the dogs with volunteer inmates. THE inmate is given a lengthy head start to get off the prison grounds if they make it off the prison grounds wit out thedogs catching them they are a free man. To this day no one has beat the dogs. I believe the compound is 12,000 acres.

Then lets talk about what happens to the women incarcerated. From 18 to 80 they are preyed on by both the male guards and female guards. I know this first hand HAD A SISTER INCARCERATED AT 23 YEARS OLD. Drugs are cheaper for those incarcerated than people on the street. Putting people in jail is no longer about rehabilitation its about money. You ever hear of a company called corrections corp of america. It was started by Lamar Alexander and his cronies they get paid 40 grand a year per inmate. Big Bussiness. America has a bigger percentage of its people incarcerated than any other country in the world. Next time you go visit your daughter ask to see a copy of the institutions mission statement. I bet you wont find the words rehabilitation any where in their mission statement. Rehabilitation was removed from the prisons over 30 years ago. Closest thing you will see to rhabilitation now is a prison boot camp. In my opinion they should be sent there first and be given a opportunity to serve in our armed forces. If they refuse they should do day for day of their sentence no parole or probation no tvs recreation or anything. 50 years ago it was common for a judge to give one in trouble the choice of jail or service to their country. If they messed up they had their sentence invoked. This would sure save a lot of money today. Read Michael Savages book about how to handle the prison population.

The only rehabilitation your daughter or any other inmate is afforded is by family and people who care.

Dusty-Trails":5908p3pa said:
Just for the record I have seen it had several siblings envolved in drugs one got 15 years.

Well Dusty I am very sorry you have had first hand experience with this.

I still won't be on that jury since I live in another state.

If I were the judge, precidence to other escapees would be on my mind.

Let us know what happens.

By the way Dusty, thanks for taking the time with the explanations and not just dismissing my position on these issues.

Maybe others will learn something, even if we don't agree on all the issues.

Txwalt":2k7l5si9 said:
angie":2k7l5si9 said:
Nowland Farms":2k7l5si9 said:

:clap:

Absolutely, positively, ditto!

Alice

I think the question here is was her original sentence to strict? There have been recent murder cases, the one with Mary Winkler, she confessed, to killing her husband the Pastor, was found guilty, but at the sentencing the judge gave her only 310 days, minus the time she was in jail so she only had to serve 2 days. Now this sentence I think was not strict enough.

I think their are factors in this ladies case that should show some leniency when she goes back before the judge. It will be interesting to see what happens.

GMN

Latest posts