What percentage of your diet do you grow yourself?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not nearly as much as we should be. No garden this year due to our hectic schedule. We love our own beef but we only eat it 2-4 times a month. The blackberry crop this year was bad (I'm assuming it has a lot to do with the harsh winter we had).

jedstivers":214zyq7y said:
Zero. I don't have time to grow a garden and I'm not wasting a good calf. I can buy the cuts I want, don't really care to eat a lot of what's on one. I don't like hamburger.
Do hope to get a few acres back in vegetables to sell next year though and get the chickens back.

I'm a bit like that. For me, a garden would just be a waste; I guess I eat fairly light sometimes. Wehn I was growing up, wr would eat garden stuff just because it was there; every meal we would have tomatoes of some sort. I'm juts not in the mood for that stuff all the time, and I don't want to force it down just because I've got it.

Sometimes, someone will give me something from their garden. (they volunteer, I don't ask for anything). If they give me very much, it will spoil before I eat it all.

Latest posts