What kinda fish is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":rfy4btm6 said:
Deepsouth":rfy4btm6 said:
lavacarancher":rfy4btm6 said:
Folks in my part of Texas call it a crappie. A "speck" is something completely different. In Texas a "speck" is a salt water game fish. The scientific name for a "speck" is spotted weakfish. Both crappie and specks are really good eating and put up a pretty good fight when caught.

Now I'm confused.
Speck, speckled trout, spotted weakfish, speckled seatrout:
7baf9e327c662c58a3c4d93d0cee0a59.jpg

Think how much fun that would be to catch :nod:

greybeard":23hwkbia said:
Deepsouth":23hwkbia said:
lavacarancher":23hwkbia said:
Folks in my part of Texas call it a crappie. A "speck" is something completely different. In Texas a "speck" is a salt water game fish. The scientific name for a "speck" is spotted weakfish. Both crappie and specks are really good eating and put up a pretty good fight when caught.

Now I'm confused.
Speck, speckled trout, spotted weakfish, speckled seatrout:
7baf9e327c662c58a3c4d93d0cee0a59.jpg

Now I'm really confused. More explanation is required.

Deepsouth":2jnpetuh said:
That's a white perch.

If that's in your pond you'd best get to catching them. You really don't want them in a small pond. They will over stock it quickly.

Used to fish a real clear pond that you could see the bottom 15 to 20 foot down. Generally caught nice sized crappy if we caught any, like a pound or bigger. It was loaded with large mouth, I assumed they kept the small crappy in check with the clear water.

M-5":240dk5si said:
Not worth it, Her milking ability is virtually non existent. but calving ease look like its ok .
Give her a chance (we need a picture with out a fish in the way)

M-5":x7csboun said:
Its a SPECKLED PERCH!!!!!!!!

i bet Her milking ability is a little better though to be fair you cant see the other one as good with that dang fish in the way

ez14":2fdmm89d said:
M-5":2fdmm89d said:
Its a SPECKLED PERCH!!!!!!!!

i bet Her milking ability is a little better though to be fair you cant see the other one as good with that dang fish in the way

What fish?!?! :D

Brute 23":3sx2m9ef said:
This is discussed regularly on here. Do you take your chances with a heifer or go with some thing more experienced? There are pro and cons to each.

experienced wins everytime they know what they are supposed to do . Its a crap shoot with heifers.