Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Gasser)

• Other (Diesel)

• Total voters

TXBobcat

Reaction score
Just curious what kind of truck everyone drives out there. Currently I'm driving a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 318. 110,00 miles

Next truck will definately be a Dodge Cummins, probably a '98 - '02 model.

i could have voted twice, too. we have a F250 extended cab & dad recently bought a dodge crew cab. both diesels & both 4x4. i really like our ford & i never thought i'd say it, but i might consider a dodge next time, too.

We have 5 Dodges-4 are 4X4's and 2 Chevy 4X4's. Only problem I've had with both are transmission's- Had to stick new trannies in 2 of the Dodges and in both Chevies.

Had to stick a new tranny in the GMC at 1500 miles I'm looking at Dodge, when it's time to replace the GMC. I just can't get past that they are foreign owned. Will most likely buy another Ford.

You are missing the most common farm truck. Cheap and disposable brand does not matter. If it gets you from point A to Point B with no troubles what more could you want?

Got one of those.. Got a purty truck too. Both fords, both 4x4, both gas.

dun

PATB":6ubf9rim said:
You are missing the most common farm truck. Cheap and disposable brand does not matter. If it gets you from point A to Point B with no troubles what more could you want?

I like one that starts when you turn the key
Stops when you push the brakes
And when a purdy girl sees you in it, she dont throw up!
Hillbilly

But laughing at you in it is ok?

dun

hillbilly":oj5z8qko said:
I like one that starts when you turn the key
Stops when you push the brakes
And when a purdy girl sees you in it, she dont throw up!
Hillbilly

have dodge dually with a cummins diesel 5 speed,160 thousand miles, never had a bolt turned on it. looking at a 2004 dodge with the new 600 high output cummins diesel quad cab, single rear wheel 1 ton, short wheel base. man talking about power! not crazy about body style though.

no truck yet, but it will definately be a ford. plan on getting 04 F-150. i may just have a biased opinion, but i would never buy anything but a ford. like toby keith says "Im a Ford Truck man, thats all i drive!"

i have had a ford, chev, gmc .but now i have a dodge 2500 3/4 ton 4x4 ext. cab cummins diesel 6 speed trans. best truck i have ever owned...

Ford. They seem tougher but they dont drive as good as a Chevy.

At least you don't need 40 acres to turn them around like you do chevys

dun

ollie":2i86tkyz said:
Ford. They seem tougher but they dont drive as good as a Chevy.

'97 Crew Cab powerstroke 4X4. Makes my third Ford diesel. Put 200 to 300,000 on all of them before trading to a newer one. Worst I ever had to do was an injector pump on the '87. Hauled many a head down the road with all of them. Starts and runs every time. The turbo and electronics worry me. Pretty good with wrenches but don't know diddly about diagnosing the computers. Heck that thing has a computerized gas pedal! Sure doesn't slow down for much though.

D.R. Cattle":afnsbtji said:
'97 Crew Cab powerstroke 4X4. Makes my third Ford diesel. Put 200 to 300,000 on all of them before trading to a newer one. Worst I ever had to do was an injector pump on the '87. Hauled many a head down the road with all of them. Starts and runs every time. The turbo and electronics worry me. Pretty good with wrenches but don't know diddly about diagnosing the computers. Heck that thing has a computerized gas pedal! Sure doesn't slow down for much though.

I with you thats why I bought a diagnostic hand held computer.

Pull the stock trailer w/ aF350 4-door dually 7.3 deisel. It came factory w/ an auto trans. But 200,000 and 4 trannys later went w/ a five speed. 350,000 on the engine and still going strong!!! The other farm truck is a 1979 Ford 1 ton dually. Pulls the trailer when it has to. Usually just drives out to check cattle and take mineral out. Love my FORDS

Latest posts