What kind of issues do you deal with in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgal604 said:
Nesikep said:
Redgully said:
It's gone a bit silly here too, if i want a bottle of lutylise i have to get from vet. Used to be able to get from a.i. tech but they also have to get it from vet. Our biggest issue here is land prices, good productive country is around 20 000 an acre, just not worth it for cattle. Can go three hours east and pick it up for 1500 an acre but need 20 times as much land to run the same head IF you get rain. Better cropping and sheep country out there.
Land prices here aren't lower for sure, the best land in the area where you could conceivably make a living is probably in the 50K/ac range, which make it so you can't make a living on it!

Land here is insane. We just put in an offer for 19 acres in Langley, 2.4M. They declined the offer and want 2.5M. There isn't a single foot of fencing, not a driveway and a huge creek that runs down the middle. We have been making offers for weeks and nothing concrete yet. I don't know who they expect to but this 3M land off them.
I guess you're tied to that area for work?

Nesikep said:
cowgal604 said:
Nesikep said:
Land prices here aren't lower for sure, the best land in the area where you could conceivably make a living is probably in the 50K/ac range, which make it so you can't make a living on it!

Land here is insane. We just put in an offer for 19 acres in Langley, 2.4M. They declined the offer and want 2.5M. There isn't a single foot of fencing, not a driveway and a huge creek that runs down the middle. We have been making offers for weeks and nothing concrete yet. I don't know who they expect to but this 3M land off them.
I guess you're tied to that area for work?

Yes. Work and family. I didn't marry a farmer, quiet the opposite. Surprised myself and my family and really put a kink in my 100 acres up north plan :lol:

Latest posts