What kind of feed

Help Support CattleToday:

TexBrangus

Reaction score
I would like to hear some thoughts on what brand of Beef cattle feed is best and why... What % do I need to look for?

I am feeding bred brangus heifers..Cow/calf program. I am looking for a few replacement heifers, but most offspring will be weaned and sold

TN....what's the price of that 10% fat mix?? Also that corn gluten/corn mix cannot have much fiber. The tag may show a very high "maximum" fiber but actual will only be about 5%. But a good hot feed. Should work well.

Wow that $210 for a 10% fat feed is dirt cheap especially if it has a lot of veg. fat added to reach that 10% crude fat minimum. That stuff is like buying gold. For that matter so is the cgf/corn mix. Good buy!!

TNMasterBeefProducer":1wpu2tvw said:
I checked texasbred and it has 15% protein, 3% fat minimum, 7% fiber minimum, etc. THis is the finishing ration. The growing ration is 15% protein 10% fat, 5% fiber, etc.

Sounds like "hot" feed and excellent prices. I keep a creep feeder available all the time for calves. Feeding a mix I make myself 11% Protein, 4% fat and 15% fiber. 1100 lbs. corn, 375 lbs. of c/seed hulls, 250 alfalfa pellets and cottonseed meal for protein. Mix, calcium, phos., vitamins, minerals, sodium bicarbonate and Deccox in the mix. Mix and feed it dry with no molasses. It's a bit dry and dusty but really helps the calves get started on feed and grow a large frame.

TN if it's working for you no need to even think about changing anything and it sounds like it's working...good job. ;-)

TNMasterBeefProducer":21mz1tve said:
I heard that. I wish I could go to the camp cooley sale and at least check it out. I am going to Dallas in a couple weeks for 4 days. I dont reckon thats anywhere near dallas is it?

Camp Cooley is about 150 miles Southeast of Dallas....straight down I-45 then about 30 miles down US 79.

TNMasterBeefProducer":3neovb8g said:
That is a little far. I don't reckon the wife would let me sneak away for that long. LOL!

Just give her a credit card and you can stay gone as long as you like. :nod: :nod:

Latest posts