What kind of dog is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

He has taken up with my cattle as I have seen him around at least a month. It is like he guards the cattle and they seem to not mind and I have lost no calves, I know of. He is a beautiful dog. There is only one house within at least a mile and it is not their dog.

xPi8thM.jpg

LvNf0x0.jpg
Why, that looks like old, old 'Old Yeller'.

Update on the dog, I think I know the story. A joining land owner brought the dog early summer to be with his cattle. He had a stroke and is in pretty bad shape as he is around 80 years old. The new people renting his property sold his cattle and are putting horses back, so the dog took up with my cattle. He has no immediate family I know of so the dog doesn't have anybody to take care of him. Every time I check the cattle he is like a white calf in the middle of them. I feed the dog daily and will see that he is taken care of as he is becoming a pretty good buddy. I have not petted him, but probably could as he looks forward to seeing me. I named him Sam after Sam Walton as he sure does like O'Roy dog food, Walton's dogfood sold at Walmart.

I fed him just a few minutes ago.......

7FP5IfM.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the dog, I think I know the story. A joining land owner brought the dog early summer to be with his cattle. He had a stroke and is in pretty bad shape as he is around 80 years old. The new people renting his property sold his cattle and are putting horses back, so the dog took up with my cattle. He has no immediate family I know of so the dog doesn't have anybody to take care of him. Every time I check the cattle he is like a white calf in the middle of them. I feed the dog daily and will see that he is taken care of as he is becoming a pretty good buddy. I have not petted him, but probably could as he looks forward to seeing me. I named him Sam after Sam Walton as he sure does like O'Roy dog food, Walton's dogfood sold at Walmart.

I fed him just a few minutes ago.......

7FP5IfM.jpg
Good for you.

Latest posts