What kind of cows are these?

Help Support CattleToday:

spam.jpg

Small framed and light muscled I hope. Otherwise they'll never finish on grass---------just kidding.

RanchMan90":dp1b8cbk said:

I think so too. Can't imagine hoofing down a grass fed limi steak. :shock: More proof that there are people out there smarter than me if they can make it happen.

I agree that they certainly look like Limousin, but you said "beyond a shadow of a doubt what kind of cows are on the cover. Can anyone say for sure?". If you want a guarantee I'd suggest contacting the owner of the cattle. I don't know how you'd go about doing that, but it's all I can think of.

angus9259":17079dlw said:
RanchMan90":17079dlw said:

I think so too. Can't imagine hoofing down a grass fed limi steak. :shock: More proof that there are people out there smarter than me if they can make it happen.
A ranch not far from me does exclusively Limousin X for their grass fed beef program, I think it's about 80 head a year

I do agree, those cows do look like Limos, but there are some other continentals that I do believe look relatively similar.. I just can't think of them

This may be a whacko response, but I remember reading about a breed that is sometimes referred to as "the breed that never smiles" because of the flat shape of their mouths (going back, not across). I'm 99% certain the breed is Limousin. If so, then I'd say these are Limos.

HeII if I know! I call her yeller#5 , she was in a package deal a few yrs ago . HUGE cow she towers above all the rest. She is old and slow. a hard doer but raises a JAM up calf and she milks real heavy. Im positive her slaughter price would be cheap cheap cheap because she never really gets fat.

Nesikep":2volgiyk said:
M5, Kinda like the background cow in this picture? BTW, the daughter is the foreground cow and looks pretty good

NOPE shes worse than that. You commented on her condition a couple yrs ago and im proud to say she is still just as consistently poor as she was then.

Latest posts