• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What kind of cows are these?

Supa Dexta

Reaction score

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Small framed and light muscled I hope. Otherwise they'll never finish on grass---------just kidding.

angus9259

Reaction score
RanchMan90":dp1b8cbk said:

I think so too. Can't imagine hoofing down a grass fed limi steak. :shock: More proof that there are people out there smarter than me if they can make it happen.

Rafter S

Reaction score
I agree that they certainly look like Limousin, but you said "beyond a shadow of a doubt what kind of cows are on the cover. Can anyone say for sure?". If you want a guarantee I'd suggest contacting the owner of the cattle. I don't know how you'd go about doing that, but it's all I can think of.

Nesikep

Reaction score
angus9259":17079dlw said:
RanchMan90":17079dlw said:

I think so too. Can't imagine hoofing down a grass fed limi steak. :shock: More proof that there are people out there smarter than me if they can make it happen.
A ranch not far from me does exclusively Limousin X for their grass fed beef program, I think it's about 80 head a year

I do agree, those cows do look like Limos, but there are some other continentals that I do believe look relatively similar.. I just can't think of them

City Guy

Reaction score
This may be a whacko response, but I remember reading about a breed that is sometimes referred to as "the breed that never smiles" because of the flat shape of their mouths (going back, not across). I'm 99% certain the breed is Limousin. If so, then I'd say these are Limos.

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
HeII if I know! I call her yeller#5 , she was in a package deal a few yrs ago . HUGE cow she towers above all the rest. She is old and slow. a hard doer but raises a JAM up calf and she milks real heavy. Im positive her slaughter price would be cheap cheap cheap because she never really gets fat.

Nesikep

Reaction score
M5, Kinda like the background cow in this picture? BTW, the daughter is the foreground cow and looks pretty good

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Nesikep":2volgiyk said:
M5, Kinda like the background cow in this picture? BTW, the daughter is the foreground cow and looks pretty good

NOPE shes worse than that. You commented on her condition a couple yrs ago and im proud to say she is still just as consistently poor as she was then.

Latest posts