what kind of cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":mwvngui2 said:
Or as our "Cajun" friends would say....modelawn :lol2:

I modelawn once a week wit my zeroturn!

This is laughable.

Sounds like Spok from Star Trek.

I know sometimes it's irritating when some members spelling is bad, but this is the total polar opposite.

Keren":1eg81ooq said:
chippie":1eg81ooq said:
I have a sheep and honestly they do not make good pets. They do not like to be petted like a dog.

I have four pet sheep at work that can prove that theory wrong

What are their backgrounds? Will they let you rub their faces, head and ears like a dog will?

In the past, I've raised bottle lambs & goats and our children have had show sheep. None of them have liked being rubbed on the head like a dog.

Now goats are a different matter. All of the goats that I have had, enjoyed a good scratch on the cheeks or poll.

dieselbeef":3reqx1zj said:
3 pages..yall are being suckered..this cannot be fer real

Thanks Diesel!.I said the same thing 2 pages ago. Is it possible that we are the only ones who can smell BS.

I think the OP should get him about 50hd of brahma momma cows and 20 hd of goats and maybe a dozen or so hogs then he wouldn't need to worry about how to modelawn
and he can fence it with 1 strand of barb wire and a few lanscape timbers every 50-75 ft
oh and he might as well get him 3 or 4 horses while he is at it

After you pet a sheep doesn;t the kerosene smell on your hands bother you? That's about the only thing I can think of that would get that sheep smell removed

chippie":xxw1yxv3 said:
Keren":xxw1yxv3 said:
chippie":xxw1yxv3 said:
I have a sheep and honestly they do not make good pets. They do not like to be petted like a dog.

I have four pet sheep at work that can prove that theory wrong

What are their backgrounds? Will they let you rub their faces, head and ears like a dog will?

In the past, I've raised bottle lambs & goats and our children have had show sheep. None of them have liked being rubbed on the head like a dog.

Now goats are a different matter. All of the goats that I have had, enjoyed a good scratch on the cheeks or poll.

Two of them are big ol wethers from a commercial sheep dairy project, Awassi x East Friesian, so they were bottle raised and hence very friendly.

One is a Merino ewe who wasnt bottle raised, and was a normal sheep until one day she decided she loved humans. No idea why.

The fourth is a fistulated Merino wether. Not bottle raised, but because of the fistula he gets handled regularly. He is about 4 yrs old.

All four of them will run over to me from wherever they are in the paddock, as soon as they see me or I call out to them. They run over and will stand there waiting for a pat. With sheep I have found they dont particularly like pats/scratches on the cheeks or poll. But they do like it behind their ears, and a rub down the neck. They are funny creatures. They will shy away from pats initially, but once you actually get your hand on the, they realise they really do like it. And then they are hooked. They will follow me around, leave the other sheep, and just beg for me to keep patting them. They love it.

Latest posts