What is your favourite meal?

Help Support CattleToday:

Mine would be boiled crawfish and blue crabs .. shrimp etouffee. Ice cold natural light .. second favorite is blackened flounder with crawfish cream sauce ..over rice

I would have to say venison with rice and gravy with the Mrs biscuits
BBLT would be in there as well as bacon is one of the few things you could wrap around a horse turd and it would be good. The bb was no mistake I want double bacon on mine

Hippie Rancher":x6avlag9 said:
Favorite: bone-in ribeye grilled over mesquite or catclaw, green chiles same way, maybe some fresh corn same way, potato roasted in the coals served with half a stick of butter OR pinto beans and a flour tortilla.

Last meal? hmmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5vr2SwMbg

:cowboy:

Same here except a NY strip over flaming mesquite and severed with garlic butter

How do you roast potatoes ?

HDRider":2dpx2phq said:
Fried catfish, frog legs, both just caught fresh. Mom's hush puppies, fried taters, green onions and cold beer.

Gotta say I'm all in on this one. Throw some steamed or raw oysters with saltines and hot sauce in there first and I'd hurt myself.

John SD":3tlpi3ky said:
Biker bar in town has what would qualify as a BBLT. Seems like it has half a pound of bacon in it 8)

Seems like a waste to me to leave half a pound of bacon off the sandwich.

Cross-7":1jh1fmsz said:
Hippie Rancher":1jh1fmsz said:
Favorite: bone-in ribeye grilled over mesquite or catclaw, green chiles same way, maybe some fresh corn same way, potato roasted in the coals served with half a stick of butter OR pinto beans and a flour tortilla.

Last meal? hmmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5vr2SwMbg

:cowboy:

Same here except a NY strip over flaming mesquite and severed with garlic butter

How do you roast potatoes ?

wash the dirt off, slather in bacon grease, wrap loosely in foil and toss 'em in the fire. keep turning until they feel done - about 20-30 minutes depending on size and fire. (with a wood fire put them right in next to it, they will be done by the time the fire burns down and you are ready to heat the grill and cook the other stuff, put them to the side to say warm but watch they don't burn) the key is two layers of loose foil so it makes a kind of oven for them instead of a tight wrap that lets them burn too easy.

of course you can actually roast them with no foil in the coals or under a fire in dirt/sand, but bacon grease really makes the peels delicious. :nod:

My go to favorite is fried chicken,mashed potatoes with chicken gravy,sweet corn followed by peach pie with vanilla ice cream all with sweet ice tea.

Last meal....a couple of deviled eggs as an appetizer to start....for dessert black magic with black coffee.
main meal still undecided.

For breakfast, eggs Benedict with extra Hollandaise sauce and a side order of hash browns with fried onions and coffee.

Supper last night with my immediate family and some close friends. (We celebrated my birthday a day late because my daughter was working Saturday night.) Prime rib, twice-baked potatoes, French bread, and roasted Brussel sprouts. With homemade lemon meringue pie for dessert.

John SD":29jt1jip said:
I think I had my new favorite breakfast menu item at the cafe in town a couple days ago. 4 oz well done steak with 2 hard fried eggs and toast. Used the toast to make a steak sandwich and a fried egg sandwich. Lots of black pepper on both. Washed it down with coffee with Nestle French vanilla creamer in it 8) $10.06 including tax + tip.

That is my favorite breakfast with a few modifications. Steak fried in an iron skillet to medium, then three eggs fried overmedium in the same pan with the steak grease. Then eat the runny egg yolks with biscuits and gravy.

hillbilly beef man":3e8ot4q2 said:
That is my favorite breakfast with a few modifications. Steak fried in an iron skillet to medium, then three eggs fried overmedium in the same pan with the steak grease. Then eat the runny egg yolks with biscuits and gravy.

Make that steak medium rare instead of medium, and I'll agree. That's a pretty good breakfast.

Razor clam fritters with homemade spicy sweet and sour sauce. Like a puffy clam doughnut with red and green pepper and onions .

Other wise some kind of meat with some kind of potatoes.

Spice it up with the red pepper sauce with the rooster on the bottle.

Named'em Tamed'em":2tbmkfa0 said:
Razor clam fritters with homemade spicy sweet and sour sauce. Like a puffy clam doughnut with red and green pepper and onions .

Name'em you better get those razor clams this weekend. Last dig until fall.

Dave":sy8mx81c said:
Named'em Tamed'em":sy8mx81c said:

Name'em you better get those razor clams this weekend. Last dig until fall.

I'm taking the 3 Amigos ( neighbor kids ). 8 yo twin girls and a 10 year old boy and 2 dogs. Should be a blast.

For me, I'd have to go with pasta.. so many ways to prepare it.. spaghetti, noodles, macaroni, with cheese, meat, etc.

Truegrit.. you know how to fry a steak!, that looks excellent!

Latest posts