What is your favourite breed & why?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman":3k9tnfg2 said:
Murray Greys do well in our country but they drop off in condition like a number of British and Euro breeds when things get tough (this includes my South Devons) and in poor country. Here in Australia they have a derived breed called Greyman which are very good cattle crossed with Brahman and do well in poorer country.
Colin

Hear that all you brahman breeders/lovers out there? Line up to the right to get your good Murray Grey Bulls for crossbreeding those fine brahman cows! ;-) :) :D :cboy:

Australian Cattleman":2uimjvbh said:
Murray Greys do well in our country but they drop off in condition like a number of British and Euro breeds when things get tough (this includes my South Devons) and in poor country. Here in Australia they have a derived breed called Greyman which are very good cattle crossed with Brahman and do well in poorer country.
Colin
Hey Colin, are the Angus and Angus X Brahman still pretty popular in Australia.

Sounds like a Murray Grey promotional thread :D

I also like any beef breed that can tolerate the conditions for my region, and show the ability to adjust to other regions as well based on their history of adapability. No breed can do this and still be problem free though. ;-) There are pro's and cons with all breeds and all have their benefits for the given region. I am partial to one breed, but it is your program and purpose which determines what breed you choose.

Latest posts