What is your favorite Breed??

Help Support CattleToday:

Brahmans & Brahman Cross. Why? Good momma cows! Brahmans endure heat & Texas summer weather conditions, very personable & affectionate when handled. Brahman cross cattle seem to have a lower fat content to their meat and for people with high cholesterol, this could be could.

I like most breeds... But if I had to choose, here what I have chosen:
1. Beefalo-near perfect breed, why? lean beef, comes in all colors, docility, very adaptative to all climates, small calves (nearly 99% unassist), very adaptive to all grazing types (do well even in drought conditions), and a few others....
2. Herefords: great momma cows, excellent survivability....
3. Murray Greys: pretty close to Beefalo.
4. Brangus
5. tied are Charolais and Texas Longhorns...

Pretty much I like the Heinz 57 type cows..

My favorite cow is one that weans a big calf evey year and breeds back on time. She also needs to be easy to handle and have good feet and legs. I live in an area that has been called the best milk cow climate on earth so I do want a cow that will milk. I don't care what color her hide is or who her daddy was. I breed to black angus bull so I get a uniform looking group of calves to sell. But my cows look like the rainbow coalition. She also needs to reasonably priced when I pick her up at the sale barn.

Dave

I don,t have a real favorite......... I do lean towards black Angus,Galloway, Horned Hereford .

The cattle I need here have to be tough as nails. I don,t baby my cows, they got to perform on some pretty rough ground.... and in some pretty rough weather conditions. :cboy: :cboy:

frenchie":23tp6wjh said:
I don,t have a real favorite......... I do lean towards black Angus,Galloway, Horned Hereford .

The cattle I need here have to be tough as nails. I don,t baby my cows, they got to perform on some pretty rough ground.... and in some pretty rough weather conditions. :cboy: :cboy:

Sound like my kind of cattleman, I agree you had better be able to make on grass and hay without a lot of attention.

I prefer Shorthorns. - However, todays market knocks you if they are roans, :roll: all white is perferred - Shorthorn cows are great mothers - bulls stay home and most are gentle.

Brahmans:

Excellent forgaging ability

Heavy milk production

Calving ease

Heat worshiping

Insect resistance

Personality and intelligence

Longviity - 13 year old cow:

37__calf.jpg
[/img]

Brahmans:

Excellent forgaging ability

Heavy milk production

Calving ease

Heat worshiping

Insect resistance

Personality and intelligence

Longviity - 13 year old cow:

Hey Cherokeeruby:

I think I know that cow, didn't she play Jar Jar Binks in the last couple of Star Wars movies? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah brahma crosses do resemble Jarjar Binks. But they must work in your climate? How do they sell for you? I don't think they would go over well at auction here.

In reality, my favorite breed is Red Brahman, next would be Gerts. But since I also have to make money off of them, we run Red Angus, Polled Hereford and crosses of the two. Put a little shot of Fleckvieh in this year, we shall see..........

dun

Cattle Rack Rancher":21swwojk said:
Hey Cherokeeruby:

I think I know that cow, didn't she play Jar Jar Binks in the last couple of Star Wars movies? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CCR-
Perhaps you should ask your avatar, Chewbaca..
:shock:

Latest posts