What is your Dream vacation?

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Been pondering over some Vacation plans. It looks like we will take our younger children to Disney World this year, maybe in Nov.

But me and wife have been thinking of something for me and her. I am leaning maybe towards An Alaskan cruise. I have always wanted to see Alaska, thought maybe a cruise might be easiest way to do it.

What is your dream vacation? One you been on or one you hope to some day?

Ditch the wife and head to MikeC's and Flaboy's B&B, down in Florida.I hear they're really "cleaning up" on their Janitor's special.

IF that wont fly, take a cruise on Princess Cruise Lines.My wife and I did it a while back, and we had a blast.Went all over the Carribean.

I have had a few dream holiday's, one was a trip to Sri Lanka although it was spoilt by an act of nature. one a cruise around the Canary Islands and North Africa then onto a trip down the Nile to see the Pyramids, that lasted a month, a trip to St Lucia, and the last one was to Florida Disney World and then onto Louisiana, Mississippi and New Orleans. My next trip will be back to boring old Cyprus, in September, I really wanted to go to Mexico. my ultimate dream would be a World Cruise.

My dream vacation would be a guided duck hunting trip that would not involve my wife (I'm looking over my shoulder as I type this). 8)

Walt

Been experiencing my "Dream Vacaton" for 6 years now: Semi-retired in Longhorn business. Get up when I wake up. Drink coffee...coffee...coffee. Look at cattle. Mess with dog. More coffee. Go to post office. More coffee. Watch some TV. Work on computer. Do office stuff. Coffee. Avoid phone...wife does phone stuff.

You get the picture... ;-)

No interest in travel, fighting traffic, crowds, etc.

My daughter is on a cheer leading squad that won the right to be on the field with 3000 other cheerleaders at the Capitol One Bowl coming up.

The parents voted it down because of the $1,000 price tag.

Disney was included.

Prices were for her only.

I was all about it. What a once in a lifetime event for her..... Maybe I'm wrong about that.

There's a nifty place in Bermuda called 9 Beaches that offers cabanas that actually sit over the water, with windows in the floor so you can watch the fish go by. We're definately going.. just trying to find the time.

Anywhere with a BEACH is a dream for me!

TheBullLady":1qd0ndte said:
There's a nifty place in Bermuda called 9 Beaches that offers cabanas that actually sit over the water, with windows in the floor so you can watch the fish go by. We're definately going.. just trying to find the time.

Anywhere with a BEACH is a dream for me!

I saw a place like that (or same place) on TV once pretty neat deal. I always thought that would be a dream beach vacation.

But my biggest love is Mountains, snow and cold weather. So Alaska is first on the list.

But your choice is high on my list also.

Come check out the Central Coast where the weathers always around or below the 70s and the beaches are perfect you see all kinds of things from whales in the ocean to deer on the beach its a perfect place to go if you want to get out of the heat and have some fun you can golf in Monterey, have a thrill on the board walk in Santa Cruz, tour hurst castle or just drive up HWY 1 and sight see its my favorite spot where I like to go every other month at least

vs_cattle":128jria4 said:
Come check out the Central Coast where the weathers always around or below the 70s and the beaches are perfect you see all kinds of things from whales in the ocean to deer on the beach its a perfect place to go if you want to get out of the heat and have some fun you can golf in Monterey, have a thrill on the board walk in Santa Cruz, tour hurst castle or just drive up HWY 1 and sight see its my favorite spot where I like to go every other month at least

I been to California a few times, mostly when I was young, been to the boardwalk, saw the redwood (sight to see) most memorable thing was going through the Winchester Mansion, very interesting home.

"See the USA in my chevrolet". All the kids are gone so my wife and I just like getting in the car and driving across the country. Stay off the interstate as much as we can. Get tired find a motel. See something interteresting stop and check it out. We have been in 33 of the lower 48 states, would like to see them all. This fall the Grand Canyon and maybe Ore. and Washington. Still planning to drive the Alaska Highway.

rkm":1xcakgb5 said:
"See the USA in my chevrolet". All the kids are gone so my wife and I just like getting in the car and driving across the country. Stay off the interstate as much as we can. Get tired find a motel. See something interteresting stop and check it out. We have been in 33 of the lower 48 states, would like to see them all. This fall the Grand Canyon and maybe Ore. and Washington. Still planning to drive the Alaska Highway.

I hope I live so long as to do that.

Ideal vacation? Buy an old junk truck off ebay and drive it home from Kansas! :lol: It seemed like a good idea at the time. :lol:

cfpinz

A two week vacation in Alaska fishing, driving the Alaskan Highway and a boat trip out to the crab fishing grounds to leave a memorial for his friend that died up there.

aplusmnt":w642pxcw said:
vs_cattle":w642pxcw said:

I been to California a few times, mostly when I was young, been to the boardwalk, saw the redwood (sight to see) most memorable thing was going through the Winchester Mansion, very interesting home.

Havent been to that house but I heard it was crazy thats in San Jose or some where around there

Latest posts