WHAT IS YOUR ALLS FAVORITE HEREFORD BULL?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm

Reaction score
WELL I HAVE A FEW FAVORITES. AT HILL CREEK FARM WE USE SOME OF THE MOST COMMON BULLS IN TODAYS HEREFORD BREED. RIGHT NOW, WE ARE USING REMITALL HIGHWAY ET 157H, REMITALL ONLINE 122L, PW VICTOR BOOMER P606, DR WORLD CLASS 517 10H, FELTONS MAGNUM 434, RF POSTIVE PLUS 73C, AND FELTONS DOMINO 774 (774 IS ONLY USED IN ARE DONOR PROGRAM). SO, TELL ME, WHAT IS YOUR ALLS FAVORITE HEREFORD BULL.

I happen to like the old Haroldson's Raider bull. But not sure if I can put my finger on a favorite. Let me ponder that for a while.

But I feel the same way about the Felton's line as Campground does about the Remital Bulls.

My favourite - KGA 75N STANDARD LAD 25W

There is not a lot of semen remaining - but I have some and intend to use it on selected cows. I intend to grab some more in the near future.

His progeny on this place have done exceedingly well.

Pic can be viewed about 2/3 way down at:

http://www.cutlerherefords.com/herefords/index.html

I have been dealing with these guys for a while now and they are truly fine folk - I hope to meet them some day.

This bull has been dead for many years.

Next in line is from the same place -

PDHR 9322 DOMINO 69G

The pic can be viewed at the same url. The first one in the line up - he is in his working clothes - not fitted up for the show. It is not a flattering pic, but once again the calves have done exceedingly well at our place.

I do not register my RWF animals - breed sparingly to HH and cull hard - all the females on this place are straight horned hereford - the females out of these bulls have produced some darned fine black baldies when we cross with BA - which we do every year.

These bulls have helped wife and I put together a pretty decent herd.

Cheers

Bez

I have two lists: One is for favorites that most people wouldn't recognize, but that does not diminish their quality. The two at the top of this list are JTJ Buckshot 7B, put down at 15, and D Rupert Tone 641, still in action. I own progeny of each.

Of nationally known bulls, the list is so long that I can't complete it here, but Mark Domino 8020 must be recognized as a female sire, 517 speaks for himself, Farley 24F, 2105 is in the pedigree of a lot of good cows. More later.

Bez,
I noticed Cutlers' have a fair amount of the old Hansen brothers breeding in their stock. Kind of nice to see the old BELL-L prefix. Honey bought a Hansen horned herf bull about ten years ago, and there are still daughters of that bull in the herd. Excellent cows - easy delivery, generous milkers (but good bag structure), easy fleshing, good feet, deep bodied and to ice the cake, their docile as lambs.

Just my opinion, but I always felt the Hansen's had some top of the line Hereford cattle. Shame they retired.

Take care.

Lots of real good bulls out there - most will never be famous but should be. Boys out doing their job in the mud and not on the sawdust floor.

CattleAnnie - quality always remains in the end. Thats why I work with the Cutler gang.

I will have to expand in time - and find another bull / semen supplier - but I will use their product for a couple of more years yet.

Like I say - good folk - hope to meet them some day.

Bez

Hey Bez,

The Standard Lad bull you mentioned is who one of my favorite horned heifers is bred to. She will calve in March. Hopefully I can add him to my list of favs too!!

Hopefully, my favorite bull will be the one I just bought. He's LLL Afirmative 70N, out of the Huth 8F cow and sired by Positive Plus. His first claves will start hitting the ground in about a week, so we'll see.

certherfbeef

You let me know how it goes - doubt you will be unhappy with the results

Bez

I really like most of the Ochs Bros sires, most of their cattle were Jim Hole bloodlines.

I've always admired VCR East Kodiak.

I like Day Rupert Tone 092, my former herd bull, now more than ever. He has matured into quite a bull since I traded him off.

I have too many to list, I guess.

Latest posts