What is this called?

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score

I'm drawing a blank. What is the correct name for this? I need to call my phone company concerning it, and if I don't have the correct name, I'll spend half the evening trying to get them to understand what I'm talking about. Is it utility box, terminal box, or something else?

Our company updated to fiber optic cable, and a new one was installed. I assumed the old one would be removed, but it's still there.

I'm not suggesting you do the same, but I threw a chain around mine, and pulled it up. One less thing to mow around.

When I worked for the phone company they were called peds. You can give them the number on the per and they will know exactly where it is

Bigfoot":2cex8rp9 said:
I'm not suggesting you do the same, but I threw a chain around mine, and pulled it up. One less thing to mow around.

:eek: I hope it wasn't in use!!

We call it a phone pedistal

Craig Miller":3fy95ix2 said:
When I worked for the phone company they were called peds. You can give them the number on the per and they will know exactly where it is
That's what we call them too. Never heard the fancy terms people are throwing around on here.

Yes that is a pedistal. And just because you don't have there service anymore doesn't mean they will come out and remove it.

Bigfoot":a9o9w94x said:

I don't mind removing it myself, I just wanted to be sure there was not something still hooked to it. This has been a gradual process. They first buried the new line in our community a few months ago. Then, someone came out and installed a new one two feet from the old one, and there was a cable dangling on the side of my house. Recently, someone came out and and spent two hours taking care of that and hooking it up in the house.

With all that, the old one is surely inactive isn't it? It would be embarrassing to pull it up and discover it still had a purpose.

Pedestal here. Ours are still in use and without it there's no phone/internet. I would certainly hate to face the music if I were to intentionally damage it.

Remember you only own where it sits, the phone company owns the ped.

You rip it out of the ground, and it's still in use, and they discover who did the damage....you may very will have a claim to pay for replacement. And the folks they have on retainer for repairs charge about three times what it actually cost to repair!

D2Cat":2zcyvkbo said:
You rip it out of the ground, and it's still in use, and they discover who did the damage....you may very will have a claim to pay for replacement. And the folks they have on retainer for repairs charge about three times what it actually cost to repair!

I suppose I'll call the phone company first and check it out the situation.

herofan":2vlzpi7o said:
D2Cat":2vlzpi7o said:

Good thinking!

herofan":1n88b6e5 said:
D2Cat":1n88b6e5 said:

Wise move. If it is still active and you remove it the repairs can quickly run into the thousands of dollars. A phone call and a few days wait cost nothing.

Latest posts