what is the world coming to

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
I was watching an episode of COPS (i love seeing some of the people that make it on this show) anyway they arrest a man on domestic violence. They also charge him with some sort of malicious damage or something similar. He broke a lamp in his house out of anger. They said it was against the law to break property (yours or others in an argument) he argued that it was his and he could break it if he wanted, they said that it was against the law to break your own property in an argument. I can't see someone telling me what I can do with my own stuff.

We listen to a scanner and heard that someone was beating up a vehicle and then they came back and said it was his so they let him beat the he$$ out of it with a hammer and then after he was done they arrested him but not for beating his car for being drunk in public. Some peoples children!!

Most places when a woman calls the police and alleges domestic violence the husband/boyfriend goes to jail for 24 hours whether he has done anything or not.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but the police cannot be a judge and jury at the scene and feel they must take the guy to jail just in case.

Do you know that if a gun is involved in any way, (even if he uses the word "gun" when threatening) and he is convicted of a "misdemeanor domestic" crime, that he is prohibited from buying, owning, or possessing a gun or ammo under federal law for the rest of his life?

"Americans are not as free as they think they are". I believe Gorbachav said that.

MikeC":2vfvhg40 said:
Do you know that if a gun is involved in any way, (even if he uses the word "gun" when threatening) and he is convicted of a "misdemeanor domestic" crime, that he is prohibited from buying, owning, or possessing a gun or ammo under federal law for the rest of his life?

Did you know that if you tell someone you're going to "kick his a$%" you can be arrested and charged with making terroristic threats in a number of states?

msscamp":1qnuxwxz said:
MikeC":1qnuxwxz said:

Did you know that if you tell someone you're going to "kick his a$%" you can be arrested and charged with making terroristic threats in a number of states?

I did not know that. If what you say is true, I have been a terrorist before and didn't know it. :lol:

It is true for the state of GA..As I am living proof. I was arrrested and charged with felony terroristic threats after a 20 yr old boy called my 14 yr old daughter and got her to sneak out of the house. Long story short. I caught them in his truck down the road from the house. I told him " I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU COME NEAR MY CHILD AGAIN".
Then I was the one arrested and charged. Of course the cops in this town are IDIOTS any way.

All this is why weed need the libs back in the White House. :help: :help: :help: :help:

Southerngal":2dcckfnf said:
It is true for the state of GA..As I am living proof. I was arrrested and charged with felony terroristic threats after a 20 yr old boy called my 14 yr old daughter and got her to sneak out of the house. Long story short. I caught them in his truck down the road from the house. I told him " I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU COME NEAR MY CHILD AGAIN".
Then I was the one arrested and charged. Of course the cops in this town are IDIOTS any way.

Threatening to kick someone's a$$ and threatening to kill someone aren't exactly the same thing IMO. That being said, I might have done the same thing in your situation.

MikeC":38gvpcvt said:
Most places when a woman calls the police and alleges domestic violence the husband/boyfriend goes to jail for 24 hours whether he has done anything or not.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but the police cannot be a judge and jury at the scene and feel they must take the guy to jail just in case.

Hi Mike - you still leading the cheering section for Black Angus?

As for domestic violence - your comment is true. One night in a hotel - prepping for man's night out and a good old fashioned poker game, the cops broke into our room and took a friend off to jail.

Reason? Accused of beating his wife plus uttering death threats - time of the offense? About 30 minutes prior to the time the police broke into our game. He had been there for about 4 hours at that time. No amount of talking would change the mind of the female cop - we almost had the male cop convinced to let buddy stay. Lady cop would not budge - so off to jail he went.

They now reside in separate houses. Him in a small rented model and her in a fully paid for 5 bedroom 4 bath house in a rather nice section of town - with one female kid about 16. She drives a nice car and he takes the bus.

Bez>

cowboyup216":1uo5psfw said:
Yeah, I am in that same situation about not being able to own a hand gun ever I do believe. You see I had had a problem with this one fella for a long time. We had had several run ins and fist fights with me coming out on top every time. One day he saw me at a red light and followed me to my house. I had been hunting that day. I didnt think anything of it because I wasnt scared of him. So I pulled in my driveway and got out of the truck reached in back and got my rifle and my ammo and started walking inside. I had the rifle in its case and the ammo in my hand. Well the guy drives buy slows down I glanced at him and continued walking inside. Two hours later I go to the store to buy some milk and get pulled over in a rolling road block. The cops had their guns drawn and asked me to get out of the truck. I complied. Next thing I know Im going to jail for aggravated assault because that stupid yahoo said I pointed a gun at him. I beat the charge in court but the fella cost me my right to own a hand gun and court costs. I do have my hunting rifle still but it has not been used in ages.

Got a question... If you beat in in Court, how would you have lost your right to own a Handgun? I believe Tennessee law clearly states, you would not legally be able to posess any Firearm, if your rights had been revoked. In fact, a TBI check at the point of sale anywhere guns are sold here, would raise a flag to keep you from purchasing ANY Firearm... Am I missing something here? :roll:

Bez>":30zy0qph said:
MikeC":30zy0qph said:

Hi Mike - you still leading the cheering section for Black Angus?

As for domestic violence - your comment is true. One night in a hotel - prepping for man's night out and a good old fashioned poker game, the cops broke into our room and took a friend off to jail.

Reason? Accused of beating his wife plus uttering death threats - time of the offense? About 30 minutes prior to the time the police broke into our game. He had been there for about 4 hours at that time. No amount of talking would change the mind of the female cop - we almost had the male cop convinced to let buddy stay. Lady cop would not budge - so off to jail he went.

They now reside in separate houses. Him in a small rented model and her in a fully paid for 5 bedroom 4 bath house in a rather nice section of town - with one female kid about 16. She drives a nice car and he takes the bus.

Bez>

There were a lot of Deputys and Police Officers laid off because they had prior convictions of misdemeanor domestic violence before the law took effect.

If they could no longer carry a gun it was time for Bye Byes.

I hate that for your friend but I'm sure there were many guys that took it on the chin for this legislation.

MikeC":32dfu30d said:
msscamp":32dfu30d said:
MikeC":32dfu30d said:

I did not know that. If what you say is true, I have been a terrorist before and didn't know it. :lol:

I don't know what states it is true for, but I do know I've heard news reports about people being arrested in various states for making 'terroristic threats' during an 'argument'.

There it is another poke at Liberals. I think it was a very Republican House, Senate, And president that put all these new anti-terroristic, laws in affect...

I know the high school I went to it was standard procedure for a while to haul highschool kids off to jail if they said "I'm going to kick your %$&!!" to another student. It was considered a terroristic threat. They were fined and their parents had to come get them out of jail.

Walt

Southerngal":2ebbe2bq said:
So how did that come out? Don't leave us in suspense.