What is the story on the Ford 450 & 550?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have been seeing these lately. What are they 2 tons are something. What are their specs (hp & motor size)?

There is nothing different between the 350, 450 or the 550 other than the fact that they have different suspensions, and stronger frames, They have the same engine. The 450 and 550's have a much much more stiffer suspension. And they also have a greater trailer tow weight and load weight . I think the 350 is like from ( I trying to remember) 13,000 to 18,000 tow weight and the 550 gets up to 30,000 tow. And also the 2005 Super Duty trucks are are going to be put on the 550 frame. Thats going to be a nice truck.

If you get the 19.5 rims, just be prepared for about a $1400 bill when you get new tires all around. The 19.5's are great for towing and heavy loads, but big on price.

Personally, I don't like my 450. Bad luck w/ just 85,000 miles. Needed new clutch, brakes, 4 serpentine belts, water pump, auto door locks, elect. windows, sticking parking brake, ball joints, a/c.

Thats about all I can think of for now...

D.R. Cattle":27c1co29 said:
If you're in to big trucks, check out the new pickup truck being offered by International Harvester. Makes the Hummer look like a kid's toy.

If the new IH trucks are built like the old ones they will run for ever.

D.R. Cattle":335rotac said:
If you're in to big trucks, check out the new pickup truck being offered by International Harvester. Makes the Hummer look like a kid's toy.
I read about them a while back- Don't remember the price,but I do remember I about fell off my chair when I read it.

AOL had a daily feature about the new IH truck about a week ago. As I recall, the cost will be right at about $100,000 --- a little more if you want a few extra bells & whistles! And it is supposed to get between 6 and 8 MPG! They think there is a market for about 60 per year, so initially that is their expected "production run". Supposedly a foot or two longer than a "real" Hummer and a foot or two taller two. Strictly IMHO, it would take a real bozo or moron (albeit a very wealthy one) to drive around in one of those things.

Maybe thats what I saw tonight. I was sitting at a red light and noticed a huge truck at the gas station. It was as big as a Peterbuilt cabover but had 4 doors and had pretty much a pickup truck body, including the tailgate. This thing must of been 12 ft tall, and took up both gas pumps it was so long. I thought it was a super hopped up monster truck, but it really didnt have that much ground clearance. It was painted bright red.

Latest posts