What is the deal with ammo?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
I've been trying to keep up with what's going on the past couple of months but honestly I just kind of brushed off some opinions and surely haven't done any real research on the availability of ammo in either tge short or long term. I was in Walmart today and from where I typically enter the store it's convenient to pass by the ammo case on the way to the engine oil. I've watched the supply in just this ond store dwindle to now just 3 boxes of 17hh? Bullets! ? I notice the supply of shot shell was pretty low too. I recall telling myself last trip " looks like we'll be using the shot guns anyway cuz we can still get shells!". That supply was noticeably lower from a trip down that aisle @ 2 weeks ago. What's the deal today? I mean if you can't buy ammo at Wally World what's this Country coming to?!?

You're right, you're two months late on the current event with guns and ammo. :shock:

Alan":1gdiubri said:
You're right, you're two months late on the current event with guns and ammo. :shock:
Not really.....seems like it's changing daily and one heck of a sellers market!

Kingfisher":110uwxxr said:
Alan":110uwxxr said:
Not really.....seems like it's changing daily and one heck of a sellers market!

The shortage started about two days after the sandy hook school shooting on December 14th. That's when Obama did a national address about addressing gun control. CT has maybe 20 or 30 threads on ammo and gun shortage since. But it is getting worse daily.

TexasBred":gjgvozel said:
One word....hoarders.

Yep. I'm one of them too. Right after the election I bought 22 bullets and some 7mm-08 and 30-30 cartridges. I'm glad I did to because now you can't find a box of 22 bullets and price of the 7mm-08's have doubled. I wish I would have bought more of the 7mm-08's and also ammo for the rest of my rifles. I can't find any ammo for my 270 and my daughters 260 ammo has over doubled in cost also. I still see plenty of shotgun shells and they have not stared going up yet so I bought all the turkey shells that I shoot that the store had last week I figure it's enough to last me 12 to 15 seasons. I believe big taxes or coming to ammo. I will continue to purchase ammo until I fill comfortable with the amount that I have and I'm along way from that. I hunt a lot but don't shoot a lot or I would get a reloader. I may get one anyway.

I got to reload two more just shot two out of this one.
007-2_zps05e6ac1e.jpg

Varmit in the burn barrel.
I am buying component's.

From a recent page I hear from:
Guys and Gals....I understand that everyone is looking for a deal in regards to all things firearms, but guess what??? THERE ARE NONE TO BE HAD!!!! Do you know why??? Because of ourselves! We have fed into this panic buying craze that has emptied gun store shelves, distributors warehouses, and our pocketbooks! Quit buying everything in sight and prices will go back down! Seriously it needs to stop. Manufacturers are working triple shifts 24-7 to attempt to keep up with demand, but if we keep hoarding everything noone will have access to anything gun related. BTW manufacturers are still charging the same amounts as they were before all this BS started. We have only ourselves to blame. There is my rant for the night.