What is that? Weed ID

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunting326

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing some land in the Navasota TX area and most of the places I have walked have had this weed or whatever it is in the pastures. They are little sticks and the roots a pretty shallow and they are easily pulled up. Anyone know what it is called or what can make it go away? Thanks for the help. D6D79ABD-E8EB-4040-9315-36093EB56090.jpegEF7B91ED-AB7C-4AA2-B133-8A6523BA83C1.jpeg8857699E-691F-4144-B105-537F47A79C84.jpeg

Looks like broomweed. Did they have yellow flowers earlier?

If so, easy to kill annual with herbicide when they start growing in the spring.

I'm betting bloodweed or giant ragweed but might also be sunflower. I think it's to decomposed to be cocklebur but it could be that also.

It's kind of difficult to tell from the dried stems. Any indication when it is green - how tall is it, when does it flower, what color are the flowers, does it resprout when cut like that?

Regardless, I'm sure 2, 4-D sprayed when it is growing will kill it.

Looks like what I have in my yard. A few years ago I sprayed and killed it out and the grub worms ate my yard up then. It has came back for the most part and at least it is green and the grub worms does not like its roots.

Latest posts